~Family~

As an apology for my LONG absence, I thought, why not update twice? Hope you guys enjoy and happy reading~
___________________________

"How's the decorations coming along Luhan?" You ask him as he stands at the top of a three foot, wobbly ladder pinning up the large happy birthday banner.
(A/n: Any Luhan fans out there? Man, I really miss all 12 twelve members😭)

You and Luhan have known each other since your days back in high school. You never thought that you two would ever become this close but yet, here you are today, putting together your daughter, Julia's fifth birthday party.

"Well it'd be better if someone was actually helping." He answers in an annoyed tone.

"Hey, I've been helping too! You know how hard it is to blow ten balloons!?" You respond as he shakes his head.

You might be thinking that Luhan is the father but....he's not. Julia's father is someone that we don't really mention. Long story short, we were a young couple who got themselves into a situation that neither of us were prepared for.

In the end, he left Julia and I on our own without a single "goodbye" or anything. He didn't leave a single trace as to where he went. Obviously I was heartbroken and mostly disappointed but I moved on.

It was better than moping around and waiting for the day that he might come back. That day never came. Now Julia and I live happily on our own with Luhan who frequently stops by to check up on us. I don't know what I would do if he hadn't been by my side through it all.

*Car honking in the distance*

"The guests are here! Hurry up and put that ladder away!" You say, scurrying past the ladder and accidentally bumping into it.

"Whoa...Whoa....Agghh!" You hear Luhan groan in pain.

*Loud thump*

You turn around at the noise and see Luhan lying on the ground with the banner wrapped around him. He slowly stands up with a pained expression on his face.

"What are you doing? Put the banner back up!" You quickly tell him as you rush back inside the house.

"Don't worry about me, I'm just....fine." You hear him sigh and you can't help but laugh.

As you enter the house, you walk over to the bottom of the staircase and call out to your daughter, "Julia! The guests are here! Come down so we can greet them!"

A few seconds later, you hear Julia's little footies coming down the hall as she appears at the top of the steps all dolled up in her purple dress.

"Be careful, hold onto the railing." You tell her as you watch her.

"Okay mommy." She says as she slowly holds onto the railing as you said to do so. She finally makes it to the bottom of the stairs as she jumps off the last step.

You take her small hand in yours as you head over to the front door, "Okay now let's go greet the guests shall we?"

"YES!" She excitedly answers, jumping a little on the way. You reach the front door, unlocking it as you see multiple cars parked outside in the driveway.

"JULIA!!!!" You hear a little boy's voice yelling in the distance. You look down at Julia who has a surprised look on her face.

"Who is it?" You ask Julia as she tries to go on her tippy goes to see who's calling out her name.

Then, from behind one of the many parked cars came little Jimin or Chim Chim as most of the moms like to call him.

Jimin was one of the neighbors kids who for some reason always wore his favorite cow costume almost every time you saw him

Jimin was one of the neighbors kids who for some reason always wore his favorite cow costume almost every time you saw him. He and Julia have been playmates for quite a while now.

To be honest, I kinda think they like each other. I can already imagine them when they grow up. *Sigh* I'm getting old...

"JIMIN!!!" Julia squealed and ran up to him as they hugged each other.

"So adorable aren't they?" Soyeon, Jimin's mom mentions as she walks up to the front door with a present in her hand.

"Hi Soyeon, how's the second one coming along?" You ask, glancing down at the baby bump of her stomach. She was about to be having a second child soon.

"Oh he's been kicking alright," She grasps her stomach as she walks carefully up to you. "You know, I've been wondering. When are you gonna get back into the love department?"

"The what now?" You chuckle as she rolls her eyes.

"I mean, when are you gonna stop living in Single Pringle city and move to Bumpin' and Grindin' and ain't nobody Mind'n city?" She wiggles her eyebrows as you scrunch your brows in disgust.

"Okay first off, never ever say that again," You laugh playfully. "And second, I'm fine being single Soyeon. I'm perfectly happy with just Julia and I." You explain to her.

Her mouth curves into a smirk, "And Luhan too I suppose?" She looks over past your shoulder as you follow her gaze and see Luhan struggling to put back up the banner and you can't help but smile.

"You know, maybe you should give Luhan a chance? I mean, he's a great guy and he's basically acted as Julia's father figure since she was born. What's holding you back?" She asks as you revert your attention back to her.

"Luhan and I are friends and ONLY friends. Of course he's great and all but I like how things are now. Nothing complicated, nor stressful, just...normal."

"Okay then Miss Normal, if you don't mind, I'll be by the food since I'm eating for two." She says, lightly patting her belly before waltzing inside the house.

Your eyes float back to Julia and Jimin who are now running around the yard, chasing one another.

"AAHHH!! BEE!!!" You suddenly hear both of them scream as they start scrambling away from the bee.

"Hey guys! Calm down it's just a bee." You holler to them but they continue shouting out of fear. You sigh, walking out to them until Julia starts to run off towards the road.

"Oh no....JULIA!!?? COME BACK!!!" You start to run as fast as possible to her. You start panicking midway when she turns the corner and you can no longer see her.

"JULIA!!" You call out again frantically as you turn the same corner. You see her about to cross the street but incoming is another car.

"MOVE JULIA!!!" You run after her again but as you glance back at the incoming car, the driver seems to be using their phone, not paying attention to the road.

"OH GOD JULIA!!"

You're still a little distance away from her as the car comes nearer and nearer. You run harder than you ever had before.

I'm not gonna make it! Please God save my daughter!

Just as the car comes a few feet from Julia, out of nowhere, a man comes and grabs Julia out of harms way, pulling her to the side of the road just in time. The car on the other hand, swerves out of control and stops on the side as well.

"Oh my god...oh god...thank god." You pant heavily and lose half the strength in your body as you place your hands on your legs for support.

After replenishing some energy, you nimbly walk over to Julia and the man who saved her. His back is turned to you as he helps Julia onto her feet.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt?" The man asks, carefully checking her arms for any injuries.

"Nope I'm okay, thank you. You saved me, you're like a superhero." She says smiling to him and he laughs at her comment.

You try clearing your throat to get the man's attention which seems to work as he slowly stands up. As he turns around, you start to feel a certain familiarity from just seeing the side of his face.

But as he became face to face with you, your heart sunk. It was like the world had pressed a reset button in your head and was replaying a moment in your life that you didn't want to see again.

It was him.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
............Julia's real father~

____________________________
Oohh who's the daddy? 😏😂 Just kidding, anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and if you want a part 2, then please Vote, Comment, and Follow me if you haven't yet~💜