~Butterfly~

Have you ever felt like you've been slapped in the head with a book? Not literally, but mentally? Because there's moments like right now when you feel your brain malfunctioning to the point where it causes pain.

Right before your eyes, at the front of the classroom was someone you had not seen in a long time. His name, Jeon Jungkook. You were best friends in your younger years until he moved away due to his fathers business. It's probably been about seven years since I had last seen him. 

Everyday, we would hang out at each other's houses. Other times we would sneak into this old, abandoned treehouse that we had found one day, strolling through the woods behind our neighborhood. Was it dark and scary as hell in those woods? Heck yea, but yet, we still went in there despite our fears.

Anything we could do to keep ourselves busy and away from our parents, we did because trying to separate us was like a nightmare for them. We would play games, eat snacks, everything kids would normally do.

Till this day, you still went up into that treehouse after he moved away. Every single time you entered it, you would get a peaceful and nostalgic feeling. Unfortunately, it also brought sadness to you as those memories reminded you of Jungkook.

When he told you that he was leaving, you broke down and sobbed for ages. You even tried to hide him from his parents on the day he was supposed to leave. But of course, they eventually found you both and it was sadly time for him to leave.

You could remember holding onto his small hand from outside of his car as he was on the inside.

~Flashback Seven Years Ago~

"D..Don't forget about me okay?" I sobbed, holding tightly to his hand.

"How could I forget you?" He smiled brightly.

"I don't want you to go." I sniffed, gripping tighter onto his hand.

"I wish I could stay. But I promise I'll come back for you. Okay?" He said, making me feel a bit of relief but still sad.

"Here, open your hand." He said, as I slowly opened my palm. I watched as he placed a small necklace with a butterfly pendant onto my hand.

"I-It's so pretty..." I continued to sob. Your tears had completely drenched your face from all the sobbing you had done.

"Why are you still crying?" He laughed patting my head as he wiped a tear from my cheek. He would always do that gesture, whenever I was feeling down. It helped, but not as much this time, especially when I wouldn't see him for who knows how long.

"Because...you're leaving me!" I cried out.

"Hey, I just promised to you that I would come back for you didn't I? And as long as you have this necklace, I'll always be with you." He said as I nodded my head and smiled up at him with watery eyes.

"Jungkook we have to go now." His father spoke.

"No!" I yelled in a panicked state. The engine of the car roared to life as it slowly started moving forward. "Wait! No!"

I began walking along beside the car as our hands were still gripping onto each other. But as the car sped up, it became harder and harder to hold onto Jungkook's hand. When I could no longer keep the same pace as the car, he gave me one last smile before our hands finally detached.