~Rivals Pt.2~

On the way back to the base, I couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious guy I met back at the alley. Why did he say that he wanted me? Was he joking or was he actually being serious?

"Hello? Y/n!"

"Huh?" I'm taken out of my thoughts when Jimin starts yelling and waving his hand in front of my face.

"Jeez I've been trying to get your attention for two minutes. What's wrong with you? Ever since we left that alley you've been acting weird. What's bothering you?" He asks.

He really notices everything doesn't he? But I can't tell him, I don't know why but a part of me just doesn't want anyone to know about that guy just yet. Not until I know for sure that he's just some random hobo I met and not some enemy. Then I'll tell him.

"Your overreacting Jimin, it's just cuz it's late at night and I'm tired." I explain. He gives me an unconvinced look.

"Hm, alright I'll believe you for now but if I find out your hiding something from me your toast." He warns.

"I swear I'm not hiding anything okay? So don't fret."

"Whatever, we're here now," He points to my house. "I'll see ya later then?"

"Yea, see ya." I wave back at him and open the side gate. The lights in the house are all off when I enter meaning Lucas is most likely at a council meeting. I head over to the kitchen to fetch something to eat and see Skylars tail sticking out from the pantry.

"Hey! Skylar get out of there!" I yap at that thief of a cat. It's head peeks out at me and I see that there's a hot Cheeto in its mouth. I knew it!

"You thief! Those are mine!" I run towards it and when I grab the bad away from Skylar, it scratches my arm with its sharp claws. I hiss in pain and see three red lines on my arm.

"Oh your dead now kitty." I grit my teeth and start chasing after it. As I'm running through the house trying to capture the cat, in the corner of my eye, I spot a dark figure out the window. I stop chasing Skylar and slowly walk to the window. I turn on the patio lights but there's no one there. Was it my imagination?

"Skylar! Get your butt back here!" I shout. I walk towards the staircase but suddenly bump into someone on the way. I look up and see Lucas standing next to me.

"Jesus Lucas! You scared the hell out of me!" I hold my chest for dramatic effect.

"My bad, listen I have to tell you something." He says in a serious tone.

"Your not kicking me out are you?" I ask, panicked.

"No of course not, it's about the Snake clan. In the meeting with the council earlier, we found out that they seemed to be planning some sort of attack on us so we need to be on the lookout more often," He says.

"And that means no more going out to the free lands. I need you to stay here in the house where it's safe." He adds.

"What!? I can handle myself Lucas you can't just lock me up in here. I'll die of boredom! And ever more so, If you leave me here with Skylar, who knows which one of us is in more danger from each other." I point out.

"Y/n, I'm fully aware of your ability to protect yourself but this is for your own safety. Do you understand me?" He raises his brow. I sigh knowing that once he's made a decision, there's no changing his mind.

"I understand."

"Good, now get some rest, it's late." He says walking past me and into his office. I lost my appetite to eat so instead I just head up to my room and change into some more comfortable clothing.