~Chosen Pt.2~

"All ladies chosen please come up to the stage and stand next to Jungkook." Taehyung announced.

Out of all the people, why me?

I repeatedly asked in my head as I took a few steps forward, fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall.

I felt Jungkook burning holes through my face as I walked past him but I kept my gaze towards the ground.

Whispering and clapping filled the room as the five of us stood on stage.

I stood stiff in my position, still asking myself, why me? Why couldn't it be someone else?

"Well, that's the end for the ceremony, congratulations ladies, and as for everyone else, please enjoy the rest of the evening." Taehyung said before walking off stage.

I watched as some people went over to either the appetizer table or to go congratulate the chosen girls.

But nobody went to congratulate me, not after the little scene I had made.

Normally, I would've broken down by now, but for some reason, I managed to pull myself together.

I wasn't as strong as the other girls were, and I most certainly wasn't brave either, I'll admit that.

However, I wasn't dumb or naive like most of the girls. I wasn't flattered when he chose me, nor was I honored to attend this ceremony.

The only thing I felt and still feel is helpless.

What if I had hid in some safe place like I had planned for the past two weeks? Would things have turned out differently?

Multiple questions kept bombarding my mind but what's done is done. Now I have to figure out a way to escape without getting caught.

I glanced at Jungkook and my eyes widened when I caught him staring at me, causing me to quickly avert my eyes.

The first thing that popped into my head was...my parents. I won't get to see them anymore...

This thought made me feel ten times worse. I bit my bottom lip trying to keep on my expressionless mask.

"Miss L/n?" An unfamiliar voice asked.

I looked up to see a man around his early twenties who had concern written all over his face.

"Why are you crying?" As I heard those words, almost half the room became quiet.

I reached up to touch my cheek and sure enough, I felt a warm liquid of my tears.

"Th-This isn't what it looks like..." I trailed away, quickly brushing away the tears.

"Miss L/n, are you not happy to be chosen?" A young lady asked and now everyone was either scowling or staring at me in disgust.

"I-I am, happy, but..." I started stumbling on my words as I watched everyone shaking their heads in pity, even the girls next to me.

"It's just..." before I could finish, someone grabbed my wrist so hard, I winced in pain before he started dragging me outside.