~Roommate~

"Mommy? What's it like to fall in love?"

"Well sweetie, you'll know when you've fallen in love when you can feel lots and lots butterflies in your stomach every time your with that special someone." She says as she combs your hair.

"But I don't want to eat butterflies." I whine to her.

"That's not what I meant sweetie, you'll understand when your older." She laughs.

"I am old, I'm seven years old!" I pout and cross my arms.

"Just wait a little longer okay?" She pats my head gently.

"Okay! I can't wait till I'm older so I can fall in love and have butterflies living in my tummy!" I cheer and shout.

~

That was twelve years ago. I am now 19 years old and a sophomore in college. I've moved out of my house last year after deciding that I wanted to become independent by living in the college dorms. Surprisingly, I didn't have a roommate at all the first semester. But little did I know, that was all gonna change.

~

"That's all for today, class dismissed." The professor announced as everyone began packing their things.

I place my journal and pencil pouch back inside my bag and started heading out the classroom. Walking down the halls, there's students left and right either talking with friends, throwing paper airplanes at teachers from the window, or fighting the vending machines that steal your money.

If you ask me, the people at this college act more like high school kids than actual high school kids. My first year here was a bit tough if I had to be honest. Trying to fit in isn't one of my best suits. I'm more of the "stays on the sidelines" kinda gal. I don't like much attention being on me.

"Y/N!!"

But of course my best friend just always has to have the loudest voice in the universe causing people to stare at us. Just my luck...

"Can you be any louder?" I ask sarcastically.

"Hey, it's not my fault I was born with such a booming voice." Gina says.

"I know, but still. Just keep it down a notch will ya?" I plead.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes.

"Anyways, I heard your finally getting a roommate today. So have you seen her yet?" She asks.

"Nope, not at all. I thought she would've arrived this morning but she hasn't shown up at all at the dorms."

"Oh, well when she comes let me know, I'll bring over some of my homemade brownies." She cheers.

"Uh..sure! I'll let you know." I lie. She calls them "homemade" brownies when their actually just the pre-made ones that you buy in a box at the store. Not to be rude or anything but the last time I ate her brownies they tasted like pure cardboard.

How does someone mess up brownies? Especially when all you have to do is put the mixture in a pan and stick it in the oven. How hard can it be? But then again, I can't really say anything cuz I don't have the slightest idea how to cook. Yea, my mom has taught me many, many things but cooking was just never one of them.

"Anyways, I have to get to my next class so I'll ya later okay?" She says and gives me a hug before leaving.

I'm pretty much done for the day since Mr. Olsen cancelled class for the evening to go to his Zumba class. I'm surprised that for a seventy year-old man he can even get down the stairs on campus. And I'm telling you, our stairs here are dangerous. In just the last month or so, fifteen people have fallen down them. So if I'm not careful, I'll be the next one to fall and considering how clumsy I can be, there's a high chance it'll happen.

I finally reach the dorms after a long walk from the campus and I may or may not have stopped by a cute little bakery on the way but anyways...It's about five in the afternoon and it's surprisingly already dark out.

I stop right in front of my door and fish out my dorm keys from my purse until I feel the familiar metal against my fingertips. I place it into the keyhole and turn the knob. When I enter and lock the the door back up I notice that there are some bags and luggages on the bed opposite to mine. Her things are here but where is she?

I place the bag full of breads that I bought from the bakery onto my desk and inspect my roommates things. The black suitcases and camouflage bag make it very clear to me that she is definitely not a girly girl. I don't notice until now that the shower had been running meaning that she's just in the bathroom taking a shower.

I plop down onto my bed and patiently wait until she's finished so I can then introduce myself. In the meantime, I lean over my nightstand and grab one of the books I've been reading lately. Suddenly I hear the shower stop and I immediately freeze. Wait a second, I haven't even thought of what I'm gonna say to her.

"Hi! My names Y/n, what's yours?" No, that's way too formal.

"Welcome roomie! I'm Y/n, nice to meet you." Does that sound too casual? God, why do I have to be so awkward with people!?

The sound of the bathroom door opening gets my attention and I sit up straight in my bed and try to act calm and collected. Or so I thought...

When I look up I see a tall, dark haired male walk in with only a towel wrapped around his waist. My eyes almost pop out from shock and my jaw is literally on the first floor of this building while my dorm is on the second floor.

WHO THE HELL IS HE!!??

____________________________
Hmm...I wonder who it could be? Anyways if you guys enjoyed and want a part 2 then you guys know what to do, Vote, Comment, and Follow me~💜

P.S. OHH MMYY GODD GUYYYSS!!! We just hit over 200,000 reads!!! That's freaking crazy!! Thank you guys so so so much for supporting this book. I love you guys so much and I appreciate each and every single one of you amazing, beautiful people. Also, don't mind Jungkook's hair in the edit I made at the top. I don't know why it turned out like that but it's my first time making an edit so I'm sorry if it sucks😖