~Earthquake Pt.4~

I stood there in the midst of the crowd, watching Jungkook's figure disappear around the corner. One lone tear had escaped my eye and cascaded down my cheek.

"Y/N! Excuse me! Y/n!" I heard  Taehyung's faint voice come from the crowd. I turned around to see people make way for him as he walked up to me.

"Y/n, are you okay? What happened?" He asked placing his hands above my shoulders.

The lump in my throat made it difficult for me to talk so instead I shook my head. He looked worried and suddenly grabbed my hand pulling me away from the crowd. I know I should be worried about everyone's attention being drawn to me but right now, all I could think of was Jungkook. He hates me now, doesn't he? I bet he's probably gonna ignore me not just at school, but at home now too.

I didn't realize until we had stopped walking that we were behind the school. I still had my head hung low, facing the ground.

"Y/n? Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.

I shake my head. I'm not in the mood to talk. All I want to do right now is go home, lock myself in my room and pretend that this is all just some kind of bad dream. But of course, no one can escape reality.

"If this is about that Jung—whatever his name is, then I won't hesitate to knock some sense into—"

"No Taehyung, it's fine. Just leave him be." I mutter.

"Fine, but you let me know if he's troubling you and I'll come straight away and give him a good beating." He says, connecting his fist to his palm.

"No offense Taehyung, but I think he'd probably beat you up." I point out.

"Hey! Do you really have that little faith in me?" He asks.

"Well..."

"Don't worry Y/n, if I'm the one protecting you, no harm can come to you." He smiles.

"My hero." I say sarcastically.

"So is it alright if I walk you home today?" He asks.

"I guess you've earned that right." I give him a small smile as we both begin to walk to the front gate of the school. I can sense peoples stares but I try to ignore them and keep my head low.

"Don't look up." I hear Taehyung whisper. But of course I can't help the urge and I fail by doing the complete opposite of what he tells me. A couple feet away Jungkook and his friend Jimin are standing there talking. I immediately look away because I feel the tears coming. I continue to walk with Taehyung until I hear someone say my name.

"Y/n."

I stop in my tracks knowing who's voice it is. What does he want? Does he want to humiliate me even more in front of the school some more? I ignore him and continue to walk.

"Y/n, I need to talk with you." Jungkook says, a bit louder this time but I don't listen and keep on going. Taehyung seems to be keeping his cool for now but I'm not sure how long it'll last.

Suddenly my arm is yanked back and I'm whipped around to see Jungkook with a serious look on his face. I try to get my arm back but his grip is too strong.

"Let go."

"No, we need to talk first." He says, and tries to drag me away but Taehyung comes in between us.

"I don't think so. If you really are as smart as people say you are, then I suggest you keep your distance from Y/n." Taehyung warns.

"Don't tell me what to do and why don't you mind your own business? You aren't a part of this." Jungkook glares.