~Window Pt.4~

Jk POV

You woke up with a slight pain in your thighs. You rose from your bed, sitting up straight as you reached over for your wheelchair. Placing your hand on the armrest, you carefully slid into the chair before heading out into the hallway.

As you got to the staircase, you saw your parents at the kitchen table eating breakfast. Your mom grabbed her mug, placing it at the brim of her mouth until she noticed you.

"Oh Jungkook, good morning," She greets as you do the same. "Sleep well?" She asks as your dad heads over to you.

"Uh...kinda." You mumble sheepishly. Last night, you would occasionally feel a sharp pain in your legs, making it difficult to fall asleep. You felt a little worried since  it had never happened before.

You didn't feel like telling your parents about it though. Hopefully it wasn't anything serious and it was just a temporary pain.

As your father got to the top of the stairs and went to lift you up, the sharp pain in your legs suddenly came back.

"Aah!" You winced in pain, as your father carefully set you back down in the wheelchair. Your mother came running up the stairs at hearing your cries.

"What's wrong Jungkook!? Are you okay?" She asks, concern written all over her face.

"...it's nothing...I'm oka—Argh!" You couldn't take it anymore. Your legs felt like they were being crushed to death as the pain worsened.

"That's it, we're taking you to the hospital!" Your mother orders as your father carefully tries lifting you up again.
You try to fight the pain as he helps you down the stairs and out to the van.

~At the hospital~

You now sat on a hospital bed, exactly where you had been in four months ago. You remembered how confined you felt having to stay in this bed. You hated it.

Your legs were feeling a lot less pain than earlier. As for your parents, they sat in the corner of the room with worried expressions on their faces. You sighed, laying your head back into the bed until you shot back up hearing the door open.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Chim and I've looked at the CT scan that we did on your son Jungkook. Unfortunately, I have some bad news." He says as your stomach drops.

"W-What...?" Your mother starts to panic as your father holds her back.

"As you already know, we inserted a few titanium rods in his legs during his surgery from the accident to help with the bone fractures. From the CT scan, we discovered a kind of swelling and possibly an infection around the rods." He explains as you start to hyperventilate.

"That infection is causing inflammation which is also the cause of the pain in your legs." He further adds as you notice your mother stand up.

"Well you can fix that right? You're gonna help my son right?" She asks impatiently.

He looks at her with unease, "I can only fix it if he undergoes another surgery."

"Another surgery!? Fuck no!!" You blurt out.

You hated the thought of having to go through surgery again. You didn't like being unconscious as people basically cut you open with all kinds of different  gruesome tools.