~Engaged~

My love life had been going strong for five years straight, almost six. Everything felt right for once in my life. Jimin and I had been together for those five years and almost two months ago, he proposed. I said 'yes' of course. I mean, who could say no to him? He was everything to me, my best friend, my lover. He'd been through thick and thin with me and I couldn't be more thankful.

But somehow, somewhere along the road, the spark that I felt between us, I could feel it slowly burning out. It's not that I don't love him anymore, because trust me, I do, but I just don't feel the butterflies in my stomach that I used to get when we first started going out. And I know that he just proposed and thinking thoughts like these are a bit too late but deep inside I can feel myself stuck in some cage just wanting to break free.

"Honey! Can you come down for a second!?" I hear Jimin call from downstairs.

I had moved into an apartment with Jimin a few weeks after he had proposed. My family was thrilled at the news of us getting engaged and moving together. My mom specifically. She always had an image of what we would be like in the future. I guess that's another reason why I said yes to Jimin. I was too afraid of disappointing her. What can I say? I'm a people pleaser.

I placed my last piece of clothing into the drawer before heading downstairs into the kitchen where Jimin was sitting at the dining table. I stood behind him and leaned over so that I could wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"You called?" I asked, resting my chin over his shoulder.

"Yea, actually I wanted to tell you something." He says placing a hand over mine.

"What is it?" I move over and sit on the chair next to him.

"Remember my old friend I told you a while back? We were best buds back in middle school all the way through college?" He asks, hoping it'll spark some thing in me.

"Um...was it Johnny?" I try to remember his name.

"No." He replies.

"Jeremey?" I try another name as he shakes his head again.

"OH! I remember now! His names Juancho right!?"

"Honey, that's not...never mind. His names Jungkook." He finally says after my many failed attempts of name guessing.

"I was close." I pout.

"Course you were hon but anyways, I had a chat with him on the phone the other day and found out his apartment was suddenly infested with rats so he was told to evacuate for a while." He explains.

"Dang that's unfortunate. Where is he going to stay?" I ask, worried for his friend.

"Actually that's what I wanted to talk about. I was gonna ask you if it would be alright if he stayed with us? It'll just be until the rats are gone, then he'll be back in his own apartment." He asks holding my hands in his.

Have his childhood friend stay with us? I mean, I practically just moved into this apartment myself and now we're already gonna have a guest? I don't even know the guy. What if he's some cranky, mannerless, fat dude who stays home 24/7 and showers at least once a week? God, just the thought of that makes me want to gag.

"I don't know Jimin, I mean, when was the last time you even saw the guy?" I ask, trying to persuade him to tell his friend to stay elsewhere.

"Not since college but come on Y/n, he's a good guy, I promise." He says pleadingly.

"It's just...I don't think having a guest stay here when I basically just moved in and we recently got engaged would be suitable right now." I explain to him.