~Bodyguard Pt.2~

"MY WHAT!??"

"Y/n, calm down. I thought that it's about time that you got your own bodyguard." Your father explains as you stand up from the ground.

My father is the shareholder to one the biggest companies in the country. Living a lavish and luxury life was normal for me. But we never thought that having bodyguards was necessary. So why now?

"It's just a safety precaution. Like that test that I put Jungkook on to see how well you could react in this type of situation." He adds.

"Wait, you told him to chase me!? While I was scared off my freaking mind!?? I thought I was gonna die!" You shout.

"I know it must have been scary but look how well you did." He says trying to make light of the situation.

"Look, I know that you just want to protect me but I can take care of myself just fine." You tell your father before walking out of the living room. But before you even make it out, your wrist is caught by someone, and by someone, you meant Jungkook.

"You might think that you can protect yourself, but back there in that test? I was just going easy on you princess." He explains as you turn around to face him. Your eye twitches in annoyance hearing him call you "princess".

"Don't call me that." You glare at him.

"Y/n, please understand." Your father says. "It would keep me at ease knowing that Jungkook is protecting you."

You stare at him with uncertainty, "How do you know we can trust him? No offense." You say to Jungkook.

"None taken." He replies calmly.

"Jungkook here is one of the best in the business. I wouldn't hire a lousy bodyguard for the amount of money I'm paying him." He scoffs.

You turn your attention back to Jungkook who's still holding your wrist until now. You quickly yank your arm out from his grip.

"So you're just in this for the money." You chuckle. But with the intense look in his eyes, your little laughing session stops short.

You watch as he takes a step forward, closing the distance between you. "Money is only part of it. This is my job and I take this very seriously. My purpose is to protect your life no matter what. I have to be prepared for anything, even death."

His intimidating stare is enough to bring chills down your spine. You gulp, trying to not break the eye contact as a way of showing him that you weren't backing down.

"Well then, why don't we talk about your schedule." Your father aims toward Jungkook. You and Jungkook join your father on the couch with you sitting right across from him.

"Wait, but I haven't even agreed to all this yet." You butt in.

"Of course, since my daughter's life is in your hands..." Your father continues to talk without even acknowledging you.

Is he even listening to me?

"...you are going to have to be around her almost every second of the day so, I've already arranged for you to live here until I relieve you of your duties." He seems to go on and on but you can't take one more second of this.

"No!" You abruptly stand up from the couch, catching them both off guard. "I am not going through with this, I'm sorry."

You storm out of the living room and run up to your bedroom, slamming the door shut. You sigh, walking across the room and out onto your balcony. The night's cool breeze brushes against your skin, calming your senses.