~Rivals Pt.3~

Walking home, in my drenched clothes I can't stop feeling this throbbing pain in my chest. Is it guilt? Do I feel guilty about leaving Jungkook back there? To be honest, yes, yes I do. But I can't betray my clan just for some random guy I just met.

As for Lucas, if he found out he'd lose his mind. Not only for leaving the house but for meeting up with another clan member.
I could be killed just for even talking to him. I'm not ready to risk everything yet. Not now and if it's for the better, not ever.

When I see my house coming into view, I notice that Lucas' car still isn't in the driveway. I guess the council really is hectic right now. If the Snake clan really is planning an attack then what was Jungkook doing in that alley? Was he trying to sneak into our clan? No, he wouldn't do that...would he? Whatever he was doing, I don't have to meddle myself with it because from now on I'll have no contact with him whatsoever.

I enter through the front door and spot Skylar lying on the couch staring straight at me. I walk over to it and try to pet it but instead, I earn a hiss in return as it runs off to somewhere else in the house. This cat really hates me doesn't it?

I head up to my room and slump into my bed. My mind floats back to the lake. If only I didn't see his tattoo, would we keep seeing each other? Would we have kissed? I turn over onto my stomach and groan into my pillow. Why did things have to turn out his way?

Suddenly I hear the sound of the doorbell ringing. Is that Lucas? He has the keys to the house so he shouldn't have to ring the doorbell. I make my way downstairs to the front door and as I open the door I'm surprised to see Jimin standing before me.

"Jimin? What are you doing here so late?" I ask.

"What, your not gonna let me in?" He says.

"Oh, yea sorry," I say, stepping aside. "So, what brought you here so late?"

"Where were you?" He asks.

"What?"

"You weren't here earlier, I came this morning but no one answered the door." He explains.

"Oh I um...just went out for a walk." I lie.

"Really? Cuz I heard Lucas put you on some sort of 'house arrest'." He says.

"Jimin, did you really expect me to follow whatever he says?"

"Course not, I know you better than that. So where'd you really go?" He repeats.

"Jimin I told you already—"

"No, I know you Y/n, your hiding something from me aren't you?" He looks me straight in the eye.

Should I tell him? Or should I keep it a secret? If I don't, he'll just keep on pestering me about it. But if I do, I'm basically telling Jimin about a crime I've committed.

"Jimin, I swear that I only went out for a walk. I'm kind of offended that you don't believe what I'm saying." I frown.

He pauses for a little while before speaking, "Your right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have doubted you."

"It's all good as long as you can somehow convince Lucas to take me off of my house arrest." I add.

He laughs, "I'll try my best but no promises. Anyway, I should get going. If I do convince Lucas then...you have to go out on a date with me tomorrow. Okay bye!" He says and sprints past me.

"Wait! Jim—"

It's too late as he slams the door before I can get to him. A date? With Jimin? I don't know how I feel about that. I mean yea Jimin is a great guy and all but to me, he's more like my brother. I can't see him in any other way.