miya osamu | hanahaki disease (part 2)

Start from the beginning

"do i... die if i don't get my feelings returned?"

your voice was trembling. the doctor sadly smiled.

"if you are at the final stage and you have not received surgery, then yes, you will if your feelings aren't returned."

"final stage?"

"right now, you are at the beginning stage. you will cough up flower petals and blood. but as time goes by, you will start coughing up entire flowers. this is the final stage, and it is the most... painful."

the doctor handed you some medications. "these pills will help you with the pain you will feel in your throat and your headache. if you have any concerns or questions, later on, you are always welcome to contact me."

the ride back home was filled with silence. the doctor had informed your mom about the disease. you could hear the faint sound of music in the background as you rested your head on the window and drifted off to sleep.

"you don't have to go to school if you're still not feeling well," your mom said as she gave you your lunch box.

"i already missed a lot of work from being absent for two days and i don't want to miss anymore. i'll call you if something urgent happens," you said as you gladly took the lunchbox and slipped it into your bag.

"i can pick you up after school if you want," your mom suggested.

"it's okay, thanks though. you have work and i don't know when club activities are going to end. i'm going to go now. i love you," you said as you walked out the door.

normally, the miya twins would be waiting for you in front of your house so you guys can walk to school together, but today you decided to leave early to talk to your teachers about the assignments you missed from a couple of days of being absent. you could hear loud bickering coming from the miya twin's house. you doubted they would be ready to leave so you continued walking to school as you chuckled softly.

after talking to your homeroom teacher, you walked to your classroom with the stack of papers of homework and assignments you missed.

"y/n!!"

as soon as you took a step into your classroom, the miya twins ran up to you. normally, you would've ran up to them and hugged them, but you decided to just stand there.

"is your body okay?" atsumu asked as he checked your temperature, under your armpits, your hair, and your sleeves, only to get slapped by his twin brother.

"ahaha, yeah i'm fine," you answered. "i'm sorry for making you guys worry, but i'm all healthy now!" you smiled as you settled the stack of papers onto your desk. "how are you guys?"

"the team misses you!!" atsumu exclaimed as osamu nodded. "it's all gloomy and everything and samu won't stop flirting with this one girl during practice."

your body tensed up as you let out a breathy laugh. "ohh~ osamu, do you like someone?" you asked with a smile.

you were scared to hear his next words. but when osamu's face flushed red, you instantly knew he had someone he was interested in. atsumu nudged his shoulder, giving him a slight smirk. you faked a smile as you felt something growing inside your chest. you trailed your fingers up to your neck, catching the attention of the miya twins.