kunimi akira | confession (request)

requested by: @j_aki_won
thank you for the request 🥺❤️🥰

kunimi akira

enjoy :)

—————

"you are different

"you are different."

"how so?"

"look at everyone else,
they are merely words,
while you,
you are poetry."

— timothy joshua

—————

deafening and resonating cheers filled the stadium. you were standing on the bleachers, celebrating seijoh's win against karasuno. you were invited to watch seijoh's game, by kunimi, the opposite hitter on seijoh's volleyball team.

you had made a special bond with this player. you happened to be desk mates with him, and throughout your school days, you found yourself talking and laughing with him. he had a very quiet and indifferent personality, which was the exact opposite of your exuberant personality.

at first, it was quite challenging to get to know him due to his reserved and composed self, but as time passed by, he gradually opened up to you. he would often rant to you about his volleyball team, telling you how chaotic and loud they could be. he would often hang out with you during breaks and self-study sessions. you guys would talk about literally anything, sharing each other's hobbies, favorite foods, and the types of people you liked.

after spending days, weeks, and months with him, you found yourself blushing every time you saw him in hallways, and every time your fingers accidentally touched his. your heart would flutter every time he would smile and laugh, and you would think about him before drifting off to sleep.

he was cold to most people, so it surprised you when he asked you to come to one of his volleyball games. watching him play and interact with his teammates made you smile and realize how much he loves volleyball.

after the game ended, you rushed down the bleachers and ran up to kunimi, who was waiting for you outside the stadium.

"kunimi!!" you yelled, waving your arm at him with an ecstatic grin. "congrats on winning!"

kunimi slightly smiled and mumbled a small "thanks." he shoved his phone into his pockets and faced you. he had a faint smell of sweat on him and his face was still a bit red from playing volleyball.

"are you... free right now?" he asked, looking at the ground while scratching the back of his neck. you looked at him confusingly but answered with a smile.

"yeah, i'm free."

his eyes lit up from your reply. "do you want to... you know... hang out? right now?"

your heart fluttered at his question and your smile crept up wider. "of course!"

the two of you walked out of the building. it wasn't dark out, but the sun was slowly starting to set. kunimi grabbed your wrist and dragged you with him. you could feel your cheeks heating up due to skin contact.

"kunimi? where are you taking me?"

you walked behind him, with his hand still holding onto your wrist tightly. he took a glance at you and continued walking. "that's a secret."

the two of you passed the city and entered a forest. soaring trees surrounded you and it was getting a bit chilly as you walked into the forest. he took you up a hill and guided you through the forest. you could hear the sound of your feet treading onto the dirt path and the cracking twigs and leaves under your foot.

"kunimi? are we there yet? it's getting a bit cold," you mumbled, shivering as a cold breeze blew by.

"you should've worn something warmer, you stupid," kunimi mumbled, taking off his jacket and slipping it onto you. "now hurry up, we're almost there."

a smile curved up on your face. after several more minutes, you found yourself at the top of the hill, gazing down at the beautiful city below you. the sun had officially completely settled, and the sky was pitch black with millions of stars above you. the city lights looked like small stars and it was mesmerizing.

"woah, it's so beautiful," you whispered, looking down at the enthralling scenery in front of you.

kunimi stood next to you with his hand shoved into his pockets. he looked at you and found himself finding you more beautiful than the illuminating city lights. your hair was blowing in the wind and your eyes were sparkling with beauty. he was fascinated by you and the heat on his cheeks didn't seem to go down.

"y/n," he called out. you took your eyes off the city and looked at kunimi. you hummed in response. kunimi took a step closer to you, sucking in the air that mingled in the atmosphere. "i like you."

he had slowly found himself falling in love with you. your smile, your eyes, your personality, everything. he had wanted you to watch him play volleyball and wanted to show off his charm in front of you. every time he heard your loud cheers, it made him smile and feel proud.

he knew you liked him back.

you were constantly looking at him during class. it was obvious because he sat right next to you, and every time he would look at you, you would avert your eyes away from him with small tints of red on your cheeks.

your mouth opened from shock when he confessed. your brain stopped functioning for a small moment as you comprehended the words he just said. you instantly turned bright red and avoided his gaze. you looked down at your feet and played with your fingers. your heart was thumping like crazy, and you were worried that it was going to fly out of your body any moment.

"i-i like you too."

kunimi softly smiled at you being shy, and gently cupped your cheeks, making you face him. he rubbed your nose against yours and smiled. he knew you liked him back, but hearing you say those words to him made him jovial and contented.

you were indeed, poetry.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: favorite ost?