haiba lev | train rides (request)

Start from the beginning

the nekoma volleyball team had finished their volleyball practice and were on their way home.

"try sitting next to her on the train," yaku suggested. "you can go from there and start a conversation."

"or purposely make her trip and then ask her if she's okay," kuroo stated.

"but making her trip is mean. what if she starts crying?" lev asked, kicking a pebble as he walked down the sidewalk.

"then that's better! ask her if she's okay, and then apologize to her by buying her food or something," kuroo answered. "there's not a single girl in this world that would say no to food."

a sudden yelp came from the train station, catching the attention of lev. a small group of high school boys surrounded a girl, who seemed to be quivering in fear.

lev took a closer look and his eyes widened when he saw you trembling in fear as you clutched onto your school bag and tried to escape from the male students that were encircling you.

"it's her!" lev exclaimed as his fellow volleyball teammates stared at what lev was looking at.

"go get your girl!" kuroo exclaimed as he slapped lev's back in a playful manner. "this is a perfect opportunity for you to talk to her!"

"wh- what do i do? how am i- what if they're her friends?" lev stuttered as he fidgeted around with his hands as he looked at his teammates for help.

"there's no way they're her friends. go save her, you long-legged skyscraper!" yaku stated, pushing lev so that he would walk towards you.

lev tumbled toward you and halted behind the men that were grabbing onto your arms. his height towered over them, in an easy manner, and his menacing aura filled the atmosphere.

your eyes widened in uneasiness when you saw an exceptionally tall boy with light gray hair looming over the boys that were roughly grasping onto your arms.

"hey," lev muttered under his breath. "let go of her."

the boys looked behind and saw lev, who was piercing glared at them with his slanted green eyes. lev's towering height made him look more threatening and baleful, scaring the fellow boys that stood in front of him like small lambs.

"w-what do you want from us?"

"it's none of y-your business on what we're doing."

lev took a step forward, glaring down at the boys that were quivering in horror and panic. before lev could say anything further, they scurried away, leaving you unharmed.

you took a glance at the male who had just saved you. you had thought that he was going t pester you like the boys that had roughly grabbed you, but you sighed in relief when he turned out not to be one of them.

"thank you for saving me!" you exclaimed, slightly bowing to show your respect. "i don't know what would've happened if you weren't here."

lev's cheeks flushed. it was his first time hearing your voice and he could listen to you for hours and days.

"uh- yes! no! wait!"

lev was saying any word that popped up in his head. his face turned bright red and he shifted his eyes away from you so that he wouldn't be more embarrassed. but when he heard small waves of laughter coming from you, he looked back at you and immediately turned into a tomato.

he was shocked and didn't understand why you were laughing, but he was glad you were in a better mood.

"you're so funny," you stated, after your short session of laughter. "what's your name?"

lev's lips curved up by your question. "i'm haiba lev! what's yours?"

"i'm y/n," you answered. "i want to repay you for saving me earlier. are you free for a bit?"

lev couldn't believe what was happening. everything was going too fast. he was behind ecstatic that he was able to talk to you, and his heart was beating too fast for his liking. every time you would say something, lev would have to try to settle down his beating heartbeat.

"y-yes!" he answered.

the two of you walked onto the train, that had just arrived, and lev took a seat next to you. you were surprisingly super friendly and easy to get along with. there was never a moment where there was an awkward silence between you two.

lev's lips were always smiling when you talked and all he could think about was how he was able to talk to you. you were breathtaking, and in his eyes, you were the most beautiful individual he had ever seen.

both of you went out to eat dinner together and got to know each other pretty well. you guys even exchanged numbers and had already promised each other to ride the train together every day after school.

lev couldn't wait until the next day so that he could ride the train with you.

he was madly in love with you.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: where would you like to travel?

—————

saudade | haikyuu oneshot ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara