kozume kenma | opposite attract

kozume kenma

enjoy :)

—————

"you are my blue crayon,the one i never have enough of,the one i use to color my sky

the one i never have enough of,
the one i use to color my sky."

— a.r. asher

—————

you were interested in kenma.

actually, let me rephrase that.

you were always interested in kenma.

his gorgeous golden cat-like eyes were the first thing you saw when you walked into your homeroom class. then, it was his dyed blonde hair with black roots. you were amused by it because he looked exactly like a pudding from the store.

he was always alone. he didn't purposely socialize with the students in his classroom and he was always on his phone, playing a game. there were multiple times when his volleyball friends would come in to convince him to play volleyball with them.

that was the first time you saw and heard him talk. his voice was quite low and soothing to listen to.

he was very quiet, the exact opposite of you.

unlike kenma, you were a social butterfly. you enjoyed talking and socializing with different kinds of people. everywhere you went, you would greet and smile at people, even to strangers. some would look at you in a strange way, others would greet back with a smile, and some would simply ignore you.

you always found it interesting how different people could be. even though we were all people, we all had different personalities, appearances, and values.

you wanted to become friends with kenma. he never tried to communicate with people or create friends. so, you were interested in how he would treat you.

when you greeted him, he simply stared at you for a while, and then went back to his phone to continue his game. you tried getting his attention by taking a seat in front of him and looking at him play on his phone. but no matter how long you stared at him, he ignored you.

the following day, you greeted him again. but, once again, he ignored you. for the following week, you would smile and wave at him when you walked past him in hallways, stairways, or in the classroom.

by the second week of you continuously greeting him, he started feeling bad because you acknowledged his presence, while he didn't.

so he decided to greet you.

at first, it was very subtle. he would slightly bow his head towards you, showing you respect. you found it adorable and couldn't help but giggle, making his face flushed.

then, he started waving at you. it was just a small wave, but that didn't stop you from smiling. you were making progress, and that was all that mattered.

and finally, after several months, he started talking to you. usually, it was you that would start the conversation and keep it going, but for the first time, he generated a conversation. he would talk to you about his volleyball teammates and the games he played.

by the end of your first year in high school, you guys were best friends. you knew a lot about him. you knew about his childhood friend, his favorite food, his favorite game, and much other stuff.

he enjoyed listening to you speak. he was the listener for the most parts, but he didn't mind at all. he was originally not the type to talk about himself unless the other person asked for it. he actually preferred to listen, than to talk. so he was glad he was able to meet a talkative person.

by the end of the school, you guys were not only best friends. but were also dating.

you were the one that confessed. kenma never thought that you would have mutual feelings. you were just different from him.

while he was quiet, you were loud. while he preferred playing games, you preferred watching movies or shows. while he liked tranquil, you were restless. the list could go on and on.

yet, both of you enjoyed each other's presence and loved spending time with each other. of course, there would be a few quarrels here and there, but by the end of the day, you two would be cuddled up next to each other, resting in each other's arms and whispering "i love you" before slumbering off to sleep.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: if you could have any superpower, what would it be?

—————

this is so cute 🥺❤️