oikawa tooru | caught (request)

Start from the beginning

oikawa on the other hand found himself not being able to move on.

at first, after the break-up, he felt free and enraptured. he didn't have to worry about you being dejected or being hurt every time his fangirls linked their arms around him. he could focus more on volleyball and not be concerned about you waiting for him to finish his practice.

but as weeks passed, and soon months, he found himself looking for you in classrooms, hallways, and other locations. his fist tightened every time he saw you gleefully talking to boys. it should've been him that stood next to you, talking to you, and walking with you. why was someone other than him talking to you?

the realization that you were no longer his fell crashing down on him when he couldn't hear your loud voice cheering for him at his volleyball game. he missed lots of his serves that day and earned an earful lecture from iwa-chan.

he went through the previous text messages that were exchanged by the two of you when you guys were still dating. tears fell down from his eyelids as he scrolled up, reading all of your heartwarming messages that were filled with encouragement and tenderness.

babe, are you okay? you seemed a bit down today. i made your favorite milk bread and delivered it to your house, so eat it when you come home from practice :)

good morning babe! you're going to do great today against karasuno! your hard work is definitely going to pay off. i'll cheer for you loud and clear from the bleachers and i made you some food for after the game :)

i'm proud of everything you've done, from being able to distinguish aliens from humans to spending hours practicing volleyball. hehe, i just wanted to say i love you because you've been a bit down lately. i'm always here if you need me <3

oikawa just realized how much you've done for him. when he first read these messages, he found them repetitive and somewhat tiresome to respond to. but now, he wishes he could turn back time and respond to you with more heartedness and inspiring words.

you were the first one to date him, not because of his popularity or status, but because of who he was. you fell in love with his insanity and commitment.

the following morning, you found a bouquet of roses on your desk with the name oikawa tooru. you were starting to forget him and move on with life, but he suddenly came back in, knocking on your doors. you were filled with confusion and irritation when you picked up the bouquet, earning a few attention from the students around you.

oikawa had gotten to school early in the morning and bought a bouquet for you. he settled it on top of your desk and went to morning practice. he knew you would probably be annoyed and ireful at him, but he wanted you back.

when he got back from morning practice and returned to his classroom, he saw the bouquet of roses on his desk. he saw you talking to your friends as if nothing happened, and felt a pang in his heart.

is this how you felt when we were dating?

he couldn't help but wonder as he threw the bouquet of flowers away into the trash can.

the following weeks were filled with you receiving random gifts from oikawa in the mornings. he would give you a stuffed animal, your favorite snacks, and other small gifts. you lost it when a handwritten letter from him was settled on top of your desk this morning.

you walked over to oikawa, who was seated at his desk, surrounded by his peers. the whole classroom became quiet when you halted in front of him. the whole school knew you two had broken up, so the students were eager to know why you were standing in front of the Great King.

"can we talk?" you asked, ignoring all the stares that were being thrown at you.

the two of you walked out of the classroom, him following behind you. there were hushed whispers as you two walked in the hallway, rushing past classrooms. the two of you ended up in an isolated place, where not a lot of students walked by.

"what are you doing?" you asked, showing him the unopened letter written by him.

"i want you back."

he had slowly taken steps towards you, and he was now standing right in front of you, his chest almost touching yours. you looked at him unbelievably. you had spent months forgetting the individual in front of you. you had shed so many tears and spent countless nights staying up because of him.

he had hurt you countless times, and you were just starting to start your new life without him.

he didn't have the right to say that.

"are you serious?" you asked him, still not comprehending what he had just stated. when oikawa didn't budge and stared right into your eyes, you realized how serious he was.

"i'm sorry for everything. you're probably really irritated and annoyed at me, and i don't think i have the right to say this. but i love you and i want you back."

he had secretly taken your hand without you knowing, and was gripping onto it tightly.

"i really miss you," he pleaded as you stared at him, not knowing how to respond. "(y/n)-chan, i'm really sorry."

he looked very dolorous. his usual smiling and jocose face were filled with a woebegone expression. his grinning lips were in a straight line, a bit trembling as he waited for your response. his radiant eyes that were always beaming had dark circles under them.

seeing him look so vulnerable made your chest ache. he always looked so elated and ecstatic at school, and the only time you saw him this vulnerable was when he had spent too many hours practicing and perfecting his volleyball techniques.

your eyes shifted to the side and became glazed with a glossy layer of tears. as you blinked, they dropped from your eyelids and slid down your cheeks. you bit your lip tightly in an attempt to hide any sounds that wanted to escape from your lips.

oikawa's heart sank as the tears drilled down your chin. he didn't know you were hurting this much and was unspeakable. he wanted to wipe those tears away with his thumb but stopped when your lips quivered as words slowly made their way out of your mouth.

"i. . . i can't," you dropped the letter onto the ground and tugged your own hands away from his. you hastily walked out of the room and left the heartbroken individual all by himself.

the tears that he was holding back, came rushing down in one continuous flow. he had lost you. he had lost the one person he shouldn't have let go, and now he was lost.

"i was prepared, but it still hurts."

—————

question of the day: what's your opinion on oikawa??

—————

❤️❤️❤️

—————

i hope you guys are staying safe and healthy. please don't do anything that will harm yourself or others. i'm so thankful you guys are reading this, and hopefully, enjoying this. hehe, i love you guys ❤️💕💖✨🥰