oikawa tooru | you did well

Start from the beginning

(ok but like this scene BROKE my heart)

oikawa and iwaizumi were your childhood friends. you guys were a group of three, always together. all of your parents were close, always revealing each of your guys's baby stories. so, you guys were prone to become friends.

best friends.

even during sad times. even during happy times. even during hardships. even during failures.

you guys were together, telling each of your insecurities, problems and vulnerability.

a trail of tear swiftly descended down your lower eyelid. the tear that you were trying so hold back ended up falling down as seijoh's players bowed down to the audience, thanking them for their support.

you made eye contact with your childhood friends, oikawa and iwaizumi, who were startled to see tears cascading down your face. you knew they could see you crying, but you couldn't hold back the tears anymore. multiple strands of salty liquid rolled down your cheeks as a small whimper left your lips.

at this point, you didn't care whether oikawa and iwaizumi were going to make fun of you for crying. you knew how much dedication and time they spent practicing, and you found it super frustrating how they lost.

the volleyball players soon left the stadium with their bags and jackets. the audience were starting to leave one by one, and after calming your emotions down, you walked out the stadium doors towards the seijoh locker room.

your footsteps halted in front of their locker and took a deep breathe before reaching towards the doorknob and twisting it. as you slowly opened the door, you noticed how there was no one inside except oikawa.

he was sitting down on one of the benches with his hair falling in front of his hazelnut eyes. his hands fisted into a tight ball and his back was slouched.

the whole entire situation made you want to give him a big embrace, but you slowly walked up to him, stopping in front of him. he didn't look up at you as he continued looking at the floor.

you knew oikawa worked harder than anyone else. he was always asking you to throw balls at him so he could practice. you lost count of how many times you passed out from throwing him too many volleyballs.

you had a weak body, so you found it hard to stay up for too long. passing out was nothing, as long as you could help oikawa with his practice. sometimes both do you guys wouldn't sleep and you would throw him balls all night long, while he would practice his setting and spikes. you admired him for his hard-work and diligence, but sometimes, you wanted him to take a rest.

but you knew, no matter how many times you told him, he wouldn't listen to you. because he simply loved volleyball that much.

you knew the amount of times he would not sleep in order to observe his opponents play on Youtube. he would learn and memorize their weak points and strong points. everything that surrounded him, was volleyball.

you knew the amount of tears that rolled down those hazel orbs. there were countless times when he was distressed by how he couldn't get his sets perfect.

you knew the amount of sweat that trailed down that irresistible jawline. even when it was blazing hot during the summer, he would practice. even when it was freezing cold outside, he would practice.