sugawara koshi | stars

Start from the beginning

i mean, who wouldn't fall in love with him?

he was sugawara koushi.

simply seeing his smile, brightened up your day and made your face the color of a tomato. you would always stutter every time you talked to him because of your fastening heart beat.

you found yourself wanting to see his smile everyday, every hour, every minute, and every second. he was the first person you thought of when you woke up, and the last person you thought of until you drifted off to slumber.

he had appeared in your dreams, countless times. every time you saw him at school, the dream of him would pop into your head and make you feel awkward and embarrassed. which only made sugawara worry about you even more.

your eyes snapped open as you quickly sat up on your bed, panting heavily from the recent dream that you were just having. bullets of sweat trailed down your forehead as you gripped the covers tightly.

it was a dream where you almost died by the hands of a serial killer. you were walking home from karasuno's volleyball practice, when you felt yourself being grabbed by the hands of someone you didn't know.

his breath was heavy and unsteady, giving you goosebumps on your arms. his chest was pressed against your back, as you yelped in surprise as he brought a knife up to your pale neck.

you had woken up moments before he could slash through your neck with the knife. even though it was a simple nightmare, it seemed too horrifying and terrorizing to go back to sleep. you didn't want to go back to that nightmare you were having.

there were other female mangers in the same room you were staying in, so you got up quietly, trying not to wake up the others. you slipped on a light jacket as you walked out the door.

you were standing under the looming black sky, filled with millions of stars. you walked up a small hill, only to be surprised someone sitting down on a bench. as you walked more, your cheeks started to turn a shade of pink as you immediately recognized who it was.

sugawara, your crush, was sitting down in a bench, staring at the stars above him. he seemed like he was in deep thought, because he didn't seem to realize that you were standing next to him.

"sugawara-kun?" his name slipped your lips and brought the attention of the grey haired boy. he turned his head towards yours, and his hazel orbs widened at the sight of you.

"(y/n)-chan?" he exclaims. "what are you doing here? shouldn't you be in bed?"

"i could ask the same for you," you reply, sitting down next to him, which he didn't seem to mind as a gentle smile lifted up his face.

"i just couldn't sleep, so i thought fresh air would help," he answered, looking up at the endless black sky. "what about you?"

"i had a nightmare, so i thought fresh air would help me calm down," you answered.

his face immediately turned your direction as the word 'nightmare' left your mouth. he felt the urge to embrace you and help you feel better, but instead, he put on a worried look.

"it was just a nightmare, so i'm fine," you state as you realized how concerned he looked for you. his face seemed to lighten up a bit as you tilted your head, gazing upwards at the illuminating stars. "but look, the stars are so pretty."

the moon seemed to lighten up the night, bringing forth the stars that hung in the darkness. the never ending blackness consumed everything, except for the stars. the stars twinkled and shined brightly, glittering in the sky.

"yeah, but they're not as pretty as you."

you glanced at him, as he stared into your eyes that were glistening under the starry night. you fell for him harder, like all the shooting stars above.

you swear, the whole universe danced in your eyes that day.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: what anime are you currently watching??

—————

sugamama <3