There was a skylight where light streamed in; brightening the room. The walls were dotted with artwork and pictures of my family, my friends, and quite a lot of Conor, I noticed. Nick scrutinised my pictures with a carefully blank look on his face. I got up to go to the bathroom while he was looking at all my artwork. When I came out, he'd taken up residence on my bed - his arms were behind his head and his eyes were closed.  

I skipped over to the bed and climbed over him so I was sitting with my back against the wall, one leg curled underneath me, the other lying across his stomach. "I like your room."  

"Thanks" I said absently as I picked at my dark purple nail polish. "What do you want to do today?"  

"I don't think I can move anytime soon to be honest."  

I smiled, "I agree. We should have a rest day today. I'll show you around the rest of the house later."  

Nick grunted, and I took that to mean he was agreeing with me.

A knock on the door woke me. "What?" I called groggily.  

"Foods ready, get your ass downstairs" Ryan's voice yelled before I heard him stomping towards the stairs.  

Nick slowly started to wake beside me. He was still lying on his back but his hands were loosely by his sides. I was curled up in a ball a few inches away from him. I glanced at the clock beside the bed as I sat up and stretched. It read 19:00 in bright red letters...ugh seven, I thought. We'd slept for around two hours.  

Nick blinked owlishly at me as I climbed over him again to get off the bed. "What's happening?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes vigorously.  

"Dinner's ready" I told him as I gathered all of my hair into a loose ponytail.  

He sat up, swinging his legs off the bed. "You mean we have to eat again?" He looked aghast at the idea.  

I laughed; "just say no when you're offered seconds...and thirds. We all do."  

"Easier said than done" he sighed. "I feel like I'll offend your mum if I don't take second helpings."  

I rolled my eyes, patting his arm when he came to stand beside me. "It's okay, I'll protect you." 

He put his hand over his heart; "you truly are my knight in shining armour" he mocked.  

I pouted, "That's supposed to be my line." My face brightened, "but you have to admit, I'd look good great in armour." I laughed, twirling around. He just snorted and headed for the door. I pouted again as he opened the door and walked into the hall.

When we made it to the kitchen, everyone was already sitting around the table. We sat down and I began to spoon Carbonara onto our plates from the bowl in the centre of the table.  

"So what are you kids going to do tomorrow?" dad asked, eyeing Nick and I as he ate.  

I glanced at Nick and shrugged. "Haven't decided. The girls want to meet up but I think I'll wait until after Christmas."  

Dad nodded, "it will be good for you to see them again."  

I glanced at Nick again and grinned. "I told Kylie and Holly that you're here, and they're very excited to meet you."  

"They're your best friends right?"

I nodded as I swallowed. He looked thoughtful, "Mark wouldn't be happy to hear you say that."  

"Who's Mark?" Ryan butted in, looking at us suspiciously.  

"Our boyfriend" I said calmly as I got up to refill the water pitcher. Nick snorted with laughter. Ryan turned in his seat to face me as I stood at the tap. "Our boyfriend?" he asked in confusion.