Silence surrounded us for a moment.  

"So we'll see you later then?" Robbie asked smiling kindly at me.  

I nodded, returning his smile, thankful that someone had broken the thick silence.

"I want to meet this boy" Natalie announced suddenly,  

"Anyone who can get you out of your clothes so easily sounds like someone we'd all like to meet, right guys?" She laughed, Emma and Robbie joining in. Lee just looked away.  

"Have fun with lunch" Nat winked at me and they all chorused their goodbyes before turning to leave - some in better moods than others, not that I'm going to name names.

I stood in the middle of the path, rooting in my bag, looking for my phone. Eventually I found the slim black phone and blowing a few strands of hair out of my eyes, I called Nick. Our phone call lasted about a minute and consisted of grunts, a couple of yes's and a muttered bye before he hung up.  

I sighed, he was so talkative...note the sarcasm.  

I sat down on the nearest bench to wait for Nick. Because my feet were sore, I made him agree to meet me instead of me having to walk all the way back to the apartment.

As I waited, I watched the people passing by the bench I was sitting on. Some strolled, some jogged and some marched. Some had phones pressed to their ear, some stared at the ground and some took in their surroundings.

What mainly caught my attention though, were the couples walking past. Some had their arms wrapped around each other, some were lost in conversation and some walked in comfortable silence. I even saw a couple in the middle of a heated argument.  

A wave of longing washed over me every time I saw a couple passing my bench, I missed having a boyfriend, I missed being in a relationship. I sighed; it didn't look like I'd be in a relationship anytime soon.

It was as that thought was running through my head that I saw him. He was sauntering up the street towards me wearing jeans with holes in the knees and a thin navy t-shirt, despite the cold weather.  

I'd never seen a sexier sight and I suddenly found it harder to breathe. My eyes narrowed however when I noticed that I wasn't the only one who'd noticed him. Almost every girl he passed turned to watch - including some guys - all with similar expressions of lust on their faces.  

I couldn't help the jealousy that stabbed me and anger at each person who turned to stare washed over me. He wasn't even mine and yet I couldn't help the sudden possessiveness that welled up inside me.

He saw me and smiled, lifting a hand in greeting. His smile soothed the tumultuous feelings inside me and I couldn't help feeling triumphant - he hadn't smiled at anyone else.  

Of course he didn't idiot! My internal voice spoke up; he was hardly going to walk past without acknowledging you when you're the one he's meeting because that would be weird.  

Whose side are you on anyway, I retorted.  

No reply.  

I sighed, I'm definitely going crazy.

Smiling, I stood up as Nick reached the bench I was sitting on. His eyes twinkled in a way that made my heart thud uncomfortably in my chest as he gazed down at me - even in heels I had to angle my gaze upwards to meet his eyes...his beautiful dark brown eyes...

Without a word we both turned and walked down the street towards a little cafe I'd seen while job-hunting.  

We walked in a comfortable silence and I was constantly aware of his close proximity, reminded by the tingles that were consuming my left side.