The Walking Dead Carl Grimes x Reader

"Carl!" You screamed trying to push yourself off of a walker. You were mounted by a walker when trying to run off from two other walkers.You heard him running as he shot the walker,leaving it limp on top of you. He helps you push it off.

"Thank you." you breath out before standing up,picking up your axe that you dropped. He nods.

"I told you to stay close to me." He said a bit mad at you.You rolled your eyes slightly.

"Maybe a your welcome could've been better." You say.

"(y/n) we're lost! I can't find my dad,Michonne, or anybody from our group!" he yells as you flinch from the tone of his voice.

"Look...We'll be fine.This is your father we're talking about.He won't stop until he finds you." you smile lightly as you place a hand on his shoulder.

"And you...You're a strong boy.You'll survive." You start walking ahead

"Come on now,it's almost night.I saw a house near by while i was running." you say gripping your axe tight in your hand.

~Time Skip after clearing up the house~

The place was sorta tidy.Only a few messes in the rooms,luckily no walkers,and some food like cereal,beans,oranges and couple bottles of waters.

You and Carl pushed a couch towards the door just in case anything happened or someone tried to break in.

"Damn,I'm beat." You mutter as you notice it was now dark outside. Carl came from the kitchen ,holding some matches.

"We can use the wood from the chimney to start a small fire,some light so we can see." He says as he lights up a match,placing it down onto the wood. You nod as you walk to the bedroom.

You walk over to the mirror on the wall,noticing the scars on your arms and face.Its been awhile since you saw yourself ,now noticing how filthy you looked.

You walk over to the bed,laying down.

"Hey (y/n)?" You hear Carl call out.

"Yeah?" you call out as he walks over to the room.

"You okay?" He asks as you sit up from the bed.

"Well yeah.Why are you asking?" you ask as he comes to the room. You notice there was some tears falling down his cheek.

He walks over to you before sitting down next to you. You pull him into a hug as he buries his face into your shoulder,crying quietly.You rub his back as you wonder what got him like this.

"Im afraid...I'm of losing people.I lost my dad,my mom,my friends..." He took a deep breath before pulling away to look at you.

"And i almost lost you." He whispers as you could hear his voice crack. You look at him sadly before holding the side of his face.

"Carl...You haven't lost them alright?They'll always be with you...Even if they're dead or just lost." you sigh.

"I'll be here too.Don't worry about that." You smile weakly before taking grab of his hand.He looks at you,with little hope left in his eyes.

"Come on.Lets get some rest." you say as you scoot over to the other side of the bed,laying down. He lays down next to you,before pulling you close to him.You blush lightly seeing how close you two were.

"Sleep tight." he says as you smile lightly.

"Night."

~Time skip to the morning~

You and Carl decided to stay at the house you were both currently at to take some rest.You were both out to see if you could've find anymore weapons,food or clothes around the other houses in the neighborhood.