Chapter 154

Special Tournament Format

When the drawing result came out, the entire KID meeting room fell into a gloom.

Even Gu Xiaotian, who originally wanted to report the sales situation of the online store, left the room cautiously, not daring to disturb.

"Well, it's not that bad. Although Black Crow is a strong enemy, we still have a chance of winning." Huo Yan said as he saw Jiang Simiao anxiously searching for data on the data board. "There are two old top-four teams, but as long as we maintain good records, we'll be fine."

Upon hearing this, Ji Qingfeng breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, right. With 16 advancing to the top 8 in two groups, we just need to stay in the top four."

Jiang Simiao turned around at these words. "What do you mean, two groups!? Do you think this year's format is the same as last year's?"

KID members: "?"

Ying Chenlin looked at Jiang Simiao. "Isn't it? I remember last year was two groups, right?"

Jiang Simiao took out several data boards from the cabinet next to the meeting room and, after placing them on the table, spoke with emphasis. "The knockout stage, like the top 32, is designed to let us adapt to the new format. But don't forget that Chairman Li fought for more than a year of suspension for Dawn. It's not just to give us ample preparation time; the league has also established an inspection team to learn from other star systems."

Dawn has been lagging behind for many years, and with the rare suspension period, how could the Mecha League just let the mecha bases come up with their own ideas? The entire working group of the Dawn Mecha League was almost crazy during this suspension period. They didn't completely give up preparation; they introduced medic mechas for the new format. At the same time, they also made new changes to the knockout stage.

In the past, team battles used large-scale tournament-grade pollution zones. After the black hole incident, the league had new control over the pollution zone system.

In stages like the knockout and top 32, it was just to provide buffer time for all mecha pilots. But in this year's competition, some special formats were used starting from the top 16 matches.

"Chairman Li has almost mobilized all the resources of the pollution zone. This year's top 16 matches have opened four groups, using small pollution zones." Jiang Simiao glanced at everyone. "If it were just two groups, would I be so nervous? Dividing into four groups means that each group has only two advancing spots."

In the past, the top 16 matches were divided into Groups AB, and they just needed to stay in the top four to advance to the top 8.

Now, it's divided into Groups ABCD, and they have to compete with BZZL1 and Black Crow for the top two spots.

Jiang Simiao continued, "And this time, the pollution zone is the Kemudi Cave."

As soon as they heard Kemudi Cave, several KID mecha pilots were a bit puzzled; they had never heard of this pollution zone.

Ying Chenlin, on the other hand, paused slightly when he heard this pollution zone. This was one of the single-player tournament-grade pollution zones, one of the small to medium-sized pollution zones. In team battle competitions with many mechas, the Dawn Mecha League usually assigned large pollution zones to team battles and small to medium pollution zones to single-player battles.

"You should have heard of it, right?" Jiang Simiao sighed. "The Kemudi Cave used to be a single-player tournament-grade pollution zone."

"I've never been there," said Ying Chenlin.