Chapter 15

Components

The corridor was quiet, with only the echoing sound of high heels.

Inside KID's base, Shen Xingtang had just finished her communication with the Banute Pollution Zone Management Bureau. She handed her luggage to Jiang Simiao, who was standing beside her. Recently, there had been a lot of issues in the pollution zone, and she was busy until today when she finally had time to return to the base. She asked, "Where are those two?"

Jiang Simiao pointed to the nearby training room.

Shen Xingtang walked into the training room and saw Ji Qingfeng and Lin Yao huddled together, looking at a well-known trading website on their light brain display.

"What are you two looking at?" Shen Xingtang inquired.

Ji Qingfeng didn't lift his head. "What else could we be looking at? Materials and components. This time, we need two Ability Crystals. If we can detect S-grade Ability Crystals, we need to start hoarding precision crafting materials. The materials for my wife's weapon are going to cost a fortune."

Lin Yao added, "Da Feng, take a look at this."

Shen Xingtang approached and saw the bright price displayed on the homepage. "180,000 each?"

Ji Qingfeng commented, "You can get three for a 30% discount. Damn, this is quite tempting."

He suddenly realized something and turned to see Shen Xingtang, immediately changing his expression. "Ah, Boss, you're back!"

Shen Xingtang had indeed returned, and behind her, she had a cart full of components. She pointed to the cart next to her and said, "There are no 180,000 ones. We can make do with the 20,000 ones."

The two men's faces instantly darkened.

Shen Xingtang added, "Don't think about Ability Crystals either. Both of them were tested and only turned out to be A-grade mutations, not reaching S-grade."

"Both turned out to be A-grade mutations?" Ji Qingfeng didn't understand. "Boss, did you choose a reliable testing agency?"

Shen Xingtang was also surprised. Both Ability Crystals were tested, and they were both A-grade. Regeneration Ability was not uncommon in plant-based pollutants, but the ability to consume before it was only found in S-grade pollutants. Now, the test results were A-grade, which was really baffling.

"It's reliable, but let's put the high-end crafting materials aside," Shen Xingtang went directly to the point. "The maintenance technician who came for an interview at the base last time worked on the mech. I asked you to shut down the power completely. Did you do it?"

Ji Qingfeng replied, "Yes, I did. Did you manage to contact him for an interview? I told you he's really good. I talked to Yao and we found that he researched a lot about us before coming."

"I've already notified him to come," Shen Xingtang had contacted the person before returning to the base. "I'm going to the maintenance room, Ji Qingfeng, come with me."

During this time, Shen Xingtang had been on the Banute Pollution Zone side and hadn't had much time to manage the base's affairs. With the pollution zone issues resolved, she needed to prepare for KID's next season.

The base's maintenance room was as she had left it, with one difference: the top-level mech that had been worked on by the new maintenance room.

Due to the bad reputation of the previous base maintenance technician, Shen Xingtang checked the workstation, then went straight to the mech with her toolbox. The first place she checked was the right arm, which had been repaired by Ying Chenlin earlier in the day.