Chapter 6. Banute Pollution Zone

Mutation

Sirius has a pleasant climate, and the autumn breeze is cool.

Ying Chenlin arrived at the hotel for rest in the evening after a delay at KID Base. Before leaving, Ji Qingfeng and Lin Yao exchanged contact information with him. Ying Chenlin didn't bring much luggage with him this time. Some items that could be compressed and transported had been delivered to the hotel in advance, and what was left was non-compressible mechanical equipment.

"You're in such a hurry to go there. I thought you were going to some famous team, but you ended up at KID Base and even went to the remote Sirius," a voice came from the other end of the holographic communication. It was Xun Bao.

Ying Chenlin lowered his eyes and replied casually, "Sirius is quite nice."

"So, how did your job interview go?"

"Waiting for the results." Ying Chenlin unpacked his clothes. "Their boss is not at the base."

Xun Bao couldn't understand why Ying Chenlin went all the way to Sirius, especially since the other party was still in the recovery phase. Even if it's for recuperation, there's no need to go to such a remote planet. Regular check-ups are inconvenient, not to mention the challenges of working in an isolated place. "You're the kind of person who always does things your way. What if you don't get the job?"

Ying Chenlin paused for a moment, then said, "If I don't get the job, I'll figure it out then."

"You... I don't know whether to admire your determination or call you reckless," Xun Bao sighed. "Oh, by the way, the material list you asked me to find last time, I inquired with some friends, and the list has been sent to your electronic brain."

Ying Chenlin heard about the material list, and his eyes lit up as he saw the file Xun Bao sent. He replied, "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me. If you can't make it in Sirius, remember to come back and find your old buddy," Xun Bao said with a smile. "I won't bother you further. I have work to do at the shop."

After a brief conversation, they ended the call.

Ying Chenlin took out his toolbox from the luggage and noticed a single mecha key at the bottom of the case.

It was the key to his personal mecha, "Yuan." Since the Star Alliance competition, it had been sent for maintenance, and he hadn't activated it since his surgery.

The mecha key, bound by a red string, was only about two finger-lengths long, with a dull black and red appearance, resembling an ordinary piece of inexpensive metal. Ying Chenlin held it in his hand and released a faint thread of his spiritual power, which wound around the mecha as if delving into a deep, bottomless cave without any response.

After two minutes, Ying Chenlin withdrew his spiritual power.

In his previous life, after the injury that left him disabled, Yuan's artificial intelligence remained inside the S-level mecha. He could barely salvage the AI from the key but couldn't recover all of "Yuan." Ultimately, he was unable to complete rebuilding Yuan before his rebirth to this time.

Coming back to life at 18, without disabilities, and with his genetic disease under control, it was a situation he had never expected in his previous life. However, restarting was not easy. After the treatment, his physical qualifications had dropped to A-level spiritual power and B-level physique. This body was incapable of piloting his original mecha.

The gene therapy led to a decline in spiritual power, from S-level to A-level, making it impossible to pilot an S-level mecha. If he wanted to start anew, he needed to gradually regain his combat memories from the ten-year gap in his life, redevelop his combat experience, and custom build a mecha based on his current physical condition. He would also need to migrate the AI from the original mecha to the new one.