Chapter 57. Qiu Jin Grand Canyon Pollution Zone (Race Time)

Qiu Jin

In the Sirius A Zone First Medical Station, Ying Chenlin came out from the medical examination doctor's office and followed the ward location given by Shen Xingtang.

Just as he walked to the door, he saw Shen Xingtang leaning against the doorway, looking inside with a helpless expression.

Seeing Ying Chenlin approaching, she straightened up slightly and asked, "Got the medicine? What did the doctor say?"

The competition was just a few days away, and Ying Chenlin came for a routine checkup today. "Mental stability is normal, come back for a reexamination next month."

He looked towards the adjacent ward.

"They are having a talk in there," Shen Xingtang didn't want to join in, "the old man is lecturing his grandson."

In the ward were two members of the Gu family.

On the day of the auction, Shen Xingtang helped acquire a part from Gu Xiaotian and later investigated this grandfather-grandson duo. Grandpa Gu was an engineer who had worked in a component factory on another planet in his early years. Due to family changes, he returned to Sirius later.

His daughter-in-law passed away early due to an accident, leaving behind Gu Xiaotian.

His son got involved in gambling debts, causing a lot of trouble.

Grandpa Gu could only sustain the household by selling components until his son ran away. To repay the gambling debts, he went to the pollution zone to find materials for making components and unfortunately contracted a severe illness. The information on this grandfather-grandson duo was clean; the grandfather worked honestly, and the grandson excelled in both academics and character, with no stains other than the gambling debts.

"I checked. Recently, that kid Gu Xiaotian has been blocked by debt collectors, beaten several times, and can't even go to school. They've sold all the components at home, mortgaged the house, and have no place to sleep."

Shen Xingtang glanced at the ward and said casually, "You know kids like him. When they take components to merchants, the merchants won't let go of a chance to profit. There are many picky excuses, and his grandfather isn't a famous designer. In this industry, besides accuracy, there are other unwritten rules. I guess those merchants have been gossiping about them, and that's why he resorted to going to the auction."

Ying Chenlin, still holding the unclosed syringe, remained silent, just quietly watching.

"The money from selling the components is enough to pay the medical expenses. I handed it over to the old man after he regained consciousness. I didn't handle the auction fees for Gu Xiaotian. The kid did have some crooked ideas in this matter. Since he did something wrong, he deserves to be taught a lesson."

Shen Xingtang said, "Look, the old man just got a bit of strength, and he's already busy lecturing his grandson. Do you want to go in and take a look?"

Ying Chenlin looked through the glass window and saw the young-old man in the corner of the ward. His voice softened a bit, "No need to go in. Let the old man rest."

"Aren't you interested in seeing him?" Shen Xingtang was a bit surprised but still smiled, "Well, let the old man rest. Let's go."

Ying Chenlin shifted his gaze away. If they were destined to meet again, he believed they would.

In the ward, the seriously ill old man lay in the medical capsule, and his grandson stood outside the open transparent cover. The old man, holding a medical support crutch, angrily hit the child's hand, "Sell components if you want, but using someone else's name, are you trying to infuriate me?"