Chapter 84

Hundred Enemy

The buzzing sound of flight grew louder and closer, and various details of the night sky fell into Ying Chenlin's ears through the mecha's empathic neural network, gradually expanding outward. The whole world seemed to be on fast-forward.

Ying Chenlin's blade sliced through the body of the Eight Vine, extracting the crystal of its unique ability. Brownish-green blood dripped from the light blade and disappeared into the churned-up soil. With the push of the thrusters under his feet, he shot straight up into the sky.

Mech damage reached 60%, and there was 20% left until the end of the battle!

The red mecha leaped into the air, its agile figure conspicuously visible in the night sky, defending fiercely in front of the defense system with its light blade.

In the control room, real-time views gradually blurred as the distance increased. Only one viewpoint was still active, making it difficult to track the red mecha's movements beyond the defense system.

Li Jingyan anxiously said, "Can't the other real-time images be restored?"

"There's nothing we can do, Chairman." The staff had tried their best to make repairs, but the magnetic field and real-time station points were damaged. They could only capture images from within. "We currently have internal visuals, but they can't clearly capture images outside the defense system. This clarity is already the limit!"

Others focused on the blurry image, where they could only see streaks of light in the night sky. It was challenging to distinguish whether it was the light from the thrusters or the light blade. However, during the mecha's actions, the red dots representing pollutants on the radar were decreasing.

Major Guo said, "I've already called in a team to support. Hopefully, they'll be here in 15 minutes."

"It's too late for a 15-minute reinforcement!" Major Guo looked at others. "Has the supporting team not broken through yet?"

"They are coming through! They have already rushed toward the base!"

The supporting team arrived!

Everyone's tense and urgent feelings were somewhat relieved. However, the next moment, they heard an urgent report from a soldier nearby.

"Major, the number of pollutants attracted by KID-hjyk has reached over 400! Flying pollutants are launching attacks on him, and an S-class is rapidly approaching!"

At this moment, the blue dot representing KID-hjyk on the radar, which had been flying continuously, showed some changes.

His mecha wasn't advancing, instead, it was rapidly retreating.

Li Jingyan stood upright, a look of disbelief in her eyes. "He's flying back."

Flying back?! Is he trying to get himself killed? There are pollutants all behind him!

Major Guo said, "Quickly contact him and inform him that reinforcements are about to arrive!"

The staff had to use the base's loudspeaker again. "Mecha KID-hjyk, please retreat! Your support is on the way!"

In various places in Qiu Jin, mecha squads fought on the front lines.

With the joint cover of the fierce wind and YDS, the KID team tore open a gap, rapidly rushing towards the base for support. In the distance, one could see the densely packed pollutants in the sky and on the ground, as well as the red mecha flying in the air.

Ji Qingfeng said in surprise, "What the heck, isn't that our base's mecha!?"

Lu Xi, using the targeting view to look outside, noticed the battered mecha. "This won't work, there are too many pollutants. His mecha probably won't hold up!"