Chapter 44

List

As the competition concluded, the rest of the live broadcast room fell into silence. It seemed no one expected Chi Lizi to be eliminated in such a dismal manner, falling short of victory in the final minute.

By the end of the match, many in the live broadcast room had not recovered. Despite having only 60 minutes of game time, they were caught off guard by the continuous tactics of this team. It was as if they had not reacted at all.

Such a fighting style was indeed rare. Even though it was a team battle, Artillery 01's teammates were nowhere to be seen from the beginning. After clearing the surrounding mechas with great difficulty, Artillery 01's teammates emerged one after another. Furthermore, Artillery 01's teammates were not ordinary. There was a control mecha capable of seizing opportunities for solo kills, two melee mechas lurking outside the battle, and a gun mecha with extraordinary skills.

The concept of the highest damage recipient throughout the match was something else. It meant that this person had been in the center of the gunfire but had never been eliminated by any mecha. Only one mecha met this criterion, the tank mecha that seemed to have made a positioning error and became the focus of everyone's attacks during the second wave of chaotic battles.

It was only at this moment that Chi Lizi, in a daze, realized that the mecha was not a decoy from the Ais faction. The team had been around them from the beginning, stirring up trouble like a troublemaker, turning the situation into the final outcome.

He stared at the statistics, unable to react for a long time before being called off the broadcast by others.

In the CEF4 Mech Base in the Tianyu Star System of the Third Star Domain, Mech Pilot Ais was sitting in front of a virtual screen. The segment of the confrontation with QPDik01 had been replayed repeatedly. The opponent's actions always kept him on high alert.

"ACE, you've watched it 20 times already," another mecha pilot in the base said. "This artillery mecha pilot is definitely not from our Third Star Domain, and we haven't seen this style of play in the Star Alliance matches."

ACE frowned, "His skill level must be that of a professional mecha pilot, maybe we just haven't encountered him."

His teammate said, "Any mecha pilot who can face you head-on must be at the level of the Star Alliance matches. As long as they've participated in the Star Alliance matches, their information should be in our base's research list, but the coach just said otherwise."

"Hasn't participated in the Star Alliance matches... then his skill level is definitely not enough. You don't need to worry too much."

Ais still couldn't let go, feeling that the opponent might be his future rival.

In the YDS Base, Hu Luobu left the virtual warehouse and saw Ke Lin, who had already exported the battle data. Ke Lin was standing in front of the virtual screen, with two tactical coaches from their base around him. The three of them were solemnly analyzing the match.

Hu Luobu began by criticizing himself, "Although it's a virtual match, I underestimated the enemy."

"Underestimating the enemy is one thing. I can only say that the person behind this tactic is too cunning." Ke Lin switched the virtual screen, displaying the match at a high playback speed, from the strong entry of the artillery at the beginning to the initiation of the second chaotic battle. Every detail was shown, "See? The way the artillery used its firepower at the beginning, eliminating two opponents so dominantly. In fact, he has been covering his teammates to leave the center of the battle."

The artillery's high-profile entry made it the core target of everyone. Instead of supporting him, his teammates took advantage of this time to move to suitable positions, waiting for the tactical arrangement. The central position of the small pollution zone map was divided into two battlefields: an internal battlefield with only one artillery mecha and an external battlefield with all of the artillery mecha's teammates.