Chapter 46

Locked Sickle

The official live broadcast camera has been following that young man. Seeing him complete the registration at the registration office like other repairmen, he entered the central control platform of the preparation area with a repair kit, standing with other slightly older repairmen.

The profession of a repairman requires experience, and this experience comes from years of accumulated repair experience. Even during the repairman certification period, there is an increase in experience years. Therefore, there are relatively few senior repairmen in the alliance, and basically, the youngest is around 30 years old.

KID actually hired a repairman?? And a repairman this young?

From the observation just now, KID's new repairman seems very young. Where would this young repairman have enough experience?

The commentary in the official live broadcast continued, and relevant information about this repairman was also brought up. The commentator said, "The repairman sent by KID's team this time is not the experienced Shen Xingtang but a new repairman named Ying Chenlin."

In central backstage areas like the qualifying round, repairmen observe all data of their own mechas. Young people with shallow experience may not even understand certain sudden situations. KID should have sent an experienced person like Shen Xingtang. She, after all, is a retired senior repairman with battlefield experience, while this young man probably hasn't even obtained an intermediate repairman certificate.

Moreover, the repairman's right hand seems to be a mechanical hand.

Nowadays, appearances of mechanical prosthetics are rare. Judging from the situation of the opponent's mechanical prosthetic without artificial outer skin, it is likely a more severe condition requiring periodic disassembly of the mechanical prosthetic, possibly still in the postoperative recovery period.

Repairmen do delicate work, and any slight misalignment of internal mecha parts affects the performance of the entire mecha. In addition to monitoring backstage data during the match, accompanying repairmen also need to make final adjustments to the mechas of the mecha pilots before the match. Most mecha bases send out the most experienced repairmen for such a crucial position. Still, KID gave this important position to a newcomer.

The repairman looks thin and weak. Looking like this, can he bear the responsibility of this position?

Since Ying Chenlin is a repairman, KID's substitute seat can only remain vacant.

The contingency plans Gale had made for the second defense were all in vain because KID, this variable, didn't even enter the field.

"It seems that what others said before, that Shen Xingtang found a young apprentice, might be him." Qi Sicheng's expression remained tense. "How is his repair skills?"

"I don't know about that. At that time in the polluted area, I didn't see him repairing mechas... But I know he understands technology." Zhao Lejie felt a bit of a headache. For a moment, he didn't know whether to be relieved or not. "His technical level is okay, but I really don't know about repairing mechas. At that time, he only dealt with an energy storage."

---

In the venue, discussions about KID's repairman sparked a small amount of debate.

Not far away, the DE boss saw this scene. His gaze swept toward the big screen in the impact filming of the preparation area. Inside, KID's new repairman was standing. He had his people investigate the information about this repairman. It seemed that he was only a junior repairman, and his experience and qualifications couldn't compare to other battle-hardened repairmen.