Chapter 48

Long Knife

"Oh my god! KID's Guardian mecha, Yao, has flanked!" In the live broadcast room, the commentator's voice rapidly reported in real-time, "He has entered DE's internal circle, and now all of DE's mechas are approaching him!"

Not long ago, KID's artillery and tanks had ambushed DE in the front. Everyone's attention was over there. Who knew that KID's Guardian was so fast? In that short period just now, he immediately locked onto Xu Yaojun's position.

The sounds of battle came from afar, and You Su immediately aimed the cannon at that position, locking onto the DE mecha while also seeing the fearless Guardian mecha.

Huo Yan laughed twice, "When I rushed over, Xiaoyao had already gone to flank."

"Yao Bao has cooperated with Xu Yaojun before, knows that idiot's bad habits, and he loves hiding in places like this in forest maps." Ji Qingfeng and Lu Xi had already shaken off FDTX's people and were getting closer to the battle between DE and KID. "In this forest terrain, Xu Yaojun, that idiot, likes hiding in the oblique rear, and the sniper range is usually not more than a thousand meters."

You Su spoke up, "Pay attention to his cannon, the core seems a bit off."

Lin Yao decisively said on the communication channel, "I will make sure he can't fire the cannon! Da Feng, are you there? Help me take out that control mecha, it's annoying!"

Ji Qingfeng ran very fast, "Doesn't accelerating take time? I'm on my way!"

Lin Yao broke into the encirclement of the DE team. There was only one control mecha protecting Xu Yaojun, and his other teammates were sent to check the surroundings. They couldn't rush over in time.

Xu Yaojun angrily scolded, "Didn't I ask you to watch the surroundings? How did Lin Yao get in?"

The DE control mecha operator had nothing to say. He had indeed reminded Xu Yaojun, but the other party's retreat speed was slow. Could he be blamed?

Others from DE said, "He came in through the smoke. Just now, Brother Xu's sniper cannon caused abnormal conditions in the surrounding environment, and the radar couldn't catch his position in time."

Xu Yaojun cursed inwardly. Lin Yao was already holding a long knife and rushing over.

The control mecha from DE had to assist Xu Yaojun in retreating. His control bullets were fired first, and only the second one barely controlled Lin Yao. Who knew that Lin Yao would activate the protective shield the next second, blocking the third control bullet and breaking the continuous control.

Xu Yaojun wouldn't give Lin Yao a chance. Seeing teammates helping, he immediately raised the cannon in place. The close-range sniper cannon almost fired smoothly, hitting Lin Yao's shield with a loud bang, forcing Lin Yao to step back several steps.

Lin Yao noticed the damage absorbed by the shield. After all, he wasn't a tank mecha; there was a certain range limit to the damage absorption. Just now, that shot almost reached the limit of his shield. "Damn, Xu Yaojun's cannon has too much damage, right!?"

You Su reminded, "Stay alert, there might be something wrong with his sniper cannon's core."

---

In the preparation area, the DE maintenance engineer took a step back, hands on the control panel, looking unfriendly at Ying Chenlin's position. As a maintenance engineer, the task of staying in the observation backstage was to record various abnormal data of their team's mechas, to promptly inform the tournament committee in case of any abnormal situations. Abnormal data during matches was common, and the maintenance engineer's task was to determine if it was severe.