Chapter 111

Relationship

"That's not a pollutant." Ying Chenlin leaned against the wall, looking down at the strange thing crawling on the lower steps, "Why would there be something like this underground in the research institute?"

The situation at the scene didn't allow the two to analyze what exactly that thing was. A black, elongated object quickly surged up the stairs. Ying Chenlin and You Su had no choice but to continuously retreat under its relentless attacks. The narrow terrain left them with no weapons, making it impossible to resist.

You Su's face darkened slightly. When that thing started moving again, he pushed Ying Chenlin upward, "Go!"

Ying Chenlin also knew that they couldn't linger in this situation. He used the energy meter to light the way, and both quickly ascended.

The elongated attacks were faster. Each time the two narrowly avoided it, the sharp metallic shell of that thing, passing by them, felt like blades, causing a faint stinging sensation.

If they were caught by that thing, the consequences would be unimaginable!

You Su protected Ying Chenlin from behind, tracking the movement of that thing in the darkness. Several times, it tried to bypass him to catch Ying Chenlin from above. You Su furrowed his brow; was that thing targeting Ying Chenlin? Or was there something on Ying Chenlin's body?

His gaze fell on the glowing point on Ying Chenlin's neck. "Increase your mental strength and suppress the reaction of the key."

Ying Chenlin, while running, increased the output of his mental strength. The attacks of the elongated monster grazed his shoulder. He calmly channeled a large amount of mental energy into the mecha key in an instant. The heated key, upon receiving the substantial mental energy, was suppressed, causing a momentary delay in the response of the black elongated monster. Seizing this critical moment, the two immediately distanced themselves from the creature.

The narrow passage was not conducive to combat, but its twists and turns provided some cover against the attacks.

After nearly five minutes, the two quickly ran from the narrow staircase to a higher place. The sound of that thing banging on various surfaces echoed in their ears.

"Door!" You Su reminded.

Ying Chenlin used the energy meter to light up the path ahead. When his hand touched the wall, the secret access control panel popped out. He quickly calculated the key input, and the hidden door opened slowly. The external light illuminated the narrow passage as they went out through the door crack. Turning his head, Ying Chenlin grabbed You Su's hand, and the two tumbled into the other side of the door.

At that moment, they suddenly heard a voice from above.

"Chenlin! You Su!"

Ying Chenlin: "Lu XI, close the door!"

Lu Xi, who came to find them, just entered and witnessed the scene. She was momentarily stunned, seeing something crawling rapidly in the dark stairway. Without hesitation, she rushed forward to operate the door. When she pressed the button, the partially opened door slowly closed again.

As she saw the strange thing climb up, the door closed completely with a loud bang, accompanied by the sound of something hitting the wall.

In that instant when the door was completely sealed, all of them let out a sigh of relief.

But the next second, Ying Chenlin's heart tightened again, not because of anything else but because there was such a thing in the underground of the research institute. What on earth was this institute researching?!