Chapter 95

Praying Mantis

Unexpectedly, everyone didn't react in time. After a swift gust of wind, leaves fell, and trees toppled. The giant tree, over a hundred meters tall, falling was no small matter. The kid's team quickly got up after taking cover on the ground.

The alarm of the mecha detection system sounded continuously. All of the kid's team saw the coordinates overlapping with the S-level pollutant.

Ying Chenlin kept an eye on the mantis. The appearance of the giant mantis was much more bizarre than an ordinary mantis. The entire body was green, and while retaining the basic appearance of a mantis, the forelimbs mutated to be large and thick, with hard serrated edges shining with a cold light, like two terrifying sickles covered in barbs.

While Ying Chenlin was observing it, the mantis adjusted its orientation, and its massive body underwent agile changes in an instant.

"Go!" Ying Chenlin shouted.

The other members of the kid's team didn't fall behind. Almost at the same time as they moved, the mantis's forelimbs swept a gust of wind, and the trees in front of them cracked into several pieces.

"It came so suddenly!?" Ji Qingfeng hurriedly avoided the attack, looking up at the mantis on the high ground. "Does this thing also have a fast movement speed? It didn't show up for most of the day, and now it uses a big move?"

"Its forelimbs are very sharp, and the cutting power of the sweeping wind is strong," Ying Chenlin avoided the attack. "Try to avoid its front!"

Most of the kid's team had extensive combat experience, especially since their encounter in Qiu Jin. However, they had encountered a few insect-like pollutants, but that wasn't the main point. When this mantis showcased its sharp and terrifying claws, the attention of the other members of the kid's team had already shifted to other points.

"Is it using its forelimbs to control the wind? The wind is like a knife."

"Is this wind its ability?! Wow, wind-type attack ability! Is this worth eighty million?!"

Ji Qingfeng and Lin Yao only remembered one thing: S-level crystal values for attack abilities were valuable, and among them, rare wind-type attack crystal abilities were even more valuable.

"It is considered a wind-type attack, probably a wind blade ability." You Su avoided the attack and said, "Wind blade abilities are rare and valuable."

As soon as the discussion on its value ended, the mantis fiercely attacked them.

Its pair of crimson eyes scanned the surroundings, and its limbs perched on the fallen branches. It raised its forelimbs, unleashing a violent wind blade. Moreover, the attack speed of this wind blade was extremely fast, almost as soon as the mantis lifted its hand, the attack had already been launched.

Lin Yao avoided three consecutive attacks and said, "Wow, this brother looks even more ferocious than the last bird cannon we fought!"

Lu Xi corrected, "That was the Steelwing Bird."

"There is still some difference. The Steelwing Bird can kill with one shot, and this mantis's wind seems to be very sharp, but once it's blocked, its power is reduced." Huo Yan had just used the Devouring Shield to block, barely judging the damage. "But it's still fierce."

How could it not be fierce? All the trees around fell!

Trees that could survive in the polluted area, even if they hadn't evolved into pollutants, still had some pollutant characteristics, definitely different from ordinary trees. In terms of the toughness of the trunk alone, they had a defense strength comparable to C or B-level pollutants.