Chapter 124

Infection

In the control room, when Colonel Lu's voice was heard, everyone who had been on edge felt relieved. Shen Xingtang even had to support herself against the nearby wall to stand firm, and Zhang Ge was sweating profusely.

Mr. Qiu's voice was slightly hoarse, "Hard work."

But as soon as he finished speaking, he noticed the black mecha in the group of mechas, and his expression froze for a moment.

"Mr. Qiu, we need to inform others to evacuate as soon as possible!" A staff member turned around and said, "The collapse of the underground at the base is still ongoing. We have barely protected the fusion weapons, but it's challenging to ensure the environmental conditions on-site. At this collapse rate, if the base underground completely collapses, and the fusion weapons fall down, it could trigger an explosion."

The soldiers of the border army remained on the surface, and the seismic activity from three hundred meters below reached the surface.

Several cracks appeared on the ground, and the underground space communicated by the pollutant tentacles seemed like a twisted and eerie beehive. Stimulated by the deprivation of its abnormal crystal, almost everything shattered. The extent of its root system was unknown, but given the current vibration, the entire interior of the restricted area became extremely unsafe.

After receiving the message connected to the control room, almost all the mecha pilots started moving.

Colonel Lu didn't have time to explain other things to the others, "This place is not safe. Currently, there is no obstruction from pollutants. We must leave the restricted area immediately and leave the Koria pollution zone through a jump."

The mecha squad at the base was also evacuating, except for the necessary border army remaining behind. Everyone else received the order to retreat.

Colonel Lu looked at the black mecha in the arms of You Su, and after the abnormal crystal was dug out, he found that their artillery had an effect on the previously indestructible pollutant tentacles. Obviously, the formidable defense of the pollutant was derived from its regenerative abilities and the energy carried by the fusion weapons. Now that the abnormal crystal had been dug out, the pollutant could probably only rely on the energy of the fusion weapons.

The fusion weapons turned into pollutants might be easier to deal with than the situation twenty years ago, where they couldn't be deactivated or carried.

The premise was that the pollutant, now without the abnormal crystal, wouldn't explode in this collapse incident.

"We have limited time," Colonel Lu looked at the black mecha and the tank mecha, "Can these two mechas jump through space?"

Huo Yan spoke, "I'm temporarily okay, but on You Su's side—"

Qi Sicheng and the others saw the cockpit of the black mecha being pierced. The medical mecha said, "We can only rescue the person. With this kind of penetration, it's likely that the internal systems have been damaged, equivalent to losing protection, fully exposed to the environment."

"Can you open the cockpit immediately?" Qi Sicheng asked.

"It can be opened," the medical mecha approached, "Directly pry open the cockpit, prioritize taking the mecha pilot away."

Yuan's startup couldn't hold up for too long, and an unconscious mecha pilot couldn't actively jump through space.

You Su asked Theo, "Any response from Yuan?"

"There's a signal, but no other response," Theo had been trying to contact Mecha Yuan since it lost its response, "Perhaps the cockpit was damaged, limiting its functions."