Chapter 128

Return journey

The meeting room was very quiet, and the other soldiers had already retreated from the back door of the meeting room. Ying Chenlin did not open the information about the psychic crystal. When Colonel Lin Zhongjiang mentioned Ying Lingfeng, he opened the handwritten notes about Ying Lingfeng in the inheritance list.

Although it was referred to as handwritten notes, the writing style inside was not what Ying Chenlin expected as a personal letter. It looked more like a pieced-together manuscript, and when swiped on the data tablet, it couldn't be scrolled to the bottom.

In today's rapidly advancing technology, many people choose to record manuscripts in the form of smart manuscripts. However, this copy of the manuscript was replicated from paper, and the paper still had many scratches and traces of wiping.

"These are the manuscript notes your father wrote after every battle. It's something I found while sorting through his belongings," Lin Zhongjiang's tone paused slightly, and it took a while before he continued: "He wrote to whom we can't remember, some to his subordinates, some to his friends, and some specifically to your mother."

Ying Lingfeng liked writing manuscripts, mostly about battle experiences. These battle manuscripts were summaries written after each battle, analyzing mistakes, summarizing experiences. He enjoyed writing manuscripts and would share them with friends or write them in a more simplified language for his loved ones, recording every battle he had experienced in each manuscript.

Ying Chenlin asked, "What kind of person was my father?"

Lin Zhongjiang didn't answer immediately when Ying Lingfeng was mentioned.

Talking about Ying Lingfeng, many people in the Border Army would mention his past experiences. He became the leader of the special forces at a young age, holding the rank of major general. If he hadn't sacrificed in the Koria Restricted Zone, with his remarkable achievements, he would have held a prominent position in the First Star Region Border Army by now.

Lin Zhongjiang recalled the image of that man in his memory. After 20 years, every time he heard the name Ying Lingfeng, he could vividly recall his appearance. Ying Chenlin didn't resemble his father much. Ying Lingfeng had a stern face, giving off a sharp and vigorous aura.

From a young age, Ying Lingfeng was outstanding among his peers, a young and spirited youth who excelled in special training camps. From an ordinary soldier to an outstanding commander, whether it was battles in the Border Polluted Zone or joint military exercises of the major star region border armies, Ying Lingfeng was always the most outstanding, confident, powerful, earning respect and admiration.

Lin Zhongjiang worked with him for a while when he was young, temporarily assigned to the special forces as a artillery mecha pilot under Ying Lingfeng, obeying Ying Lingfeng's commands. He was young and proud when he first entered the special forces. Even though he had heard of the special forces' reputation, he still had the pride of not wanting to submit.

This pride disappeared completely after experiencing several battles with Ying Lingfeng. He realized that strength was not an individual thing, being able to lead a team well was the demeanor of a true strong person. It was only after entering the special forces that he realized it was Ying Lingfeng who led the special forces of the Dawn Star System to become a dominant force, achieving fame in consecutive joint military exercises of the Border Army.

Ying Lingfeng was a military genius and a once-in-a-century talent.

He could have reached higher peaks, but because of the rebellion in the Koria Restricted Zone, he forever stayed at the age of 32.