Chapter 36

Echo

The sky was ablaze with continuous gunfire, painting it red. Facing the morning light of the Tianyu stars, reflecting a few bright colors. The nest space of the S-class Sand Lizard gradually shattered, eventually turning into colorless smoke, disappearing into the air along with the ashes of the intense fire.

The explosive shockwave swept across the entire Tianyu Star, almost incinerating nearby pollutants, leaving the ground covered in ashes.

The lingering aftermath of the energy explosion persisted, and in the silent communication channels affected by the explosion, there was a buzzing sound in everyone's ears.

In the hazy smoke, Ying Chenlin stood still, and You Su's attention lingered on him for a moment. The next second, he heard a sound from the side of his ear. His gaze quickly shifted, only to see the blurred figure of the Sand Lizard crawling forward on the scorched earth.

The S-class Sand Lizard had a light knife inserted on its back, tearing through half of its flesh and blood. Its crimson eyes fiercely stared at the mecha in the sky. With great effort, it clawed at the scorched earth, about to burrow into it.

Oh no, the Sand Lizard is about to escape!

Just at that moment, within the shattered defense shield of the mecha, a water bullet from the controlled mecha quickly shot out, hitting the crawling Sand Lizard. Following the water bullet was a binding lock that swiftly wrapped around it, tightly holding it back from burrowing into the ground.

The voice of the female mecha pilot, Lü Xi, broke the silence in the communication channel: "It's trying to escape!"

Ji Qingfeng exclaimed: "Lin Yao! Don't just stand there! I can't hold it anymore!"

Lin Yao pulled out his long knife and, just as he was about to act, an energy cannon shot past him from behind, hitting the head of the Sand Lizard. The two-meter-long creature let out a painful howl, struggling violently. You Su's eyes were icy; after one shot, he immediately followed up with another.

The body of the S-class Sand Lizard was burned black by the energy explosion. It desperately crawled forward, breaking free from Ji Qingfeng's already precarious binding lock. In a critical moment, the fully charged energy cannon fired again, this time hitting the creature's limbs without mercy as it dug into the soil.

Finally, after consecutive close-range artillery fire, it could no longer move, lying on the ground gasping for breath.

The S-class Sand Lizard was originally a pollutant with extremely weak defense. Its strength came from manipulating and strengthening space, using other pollutants for prey. Its protection relied on space and other pollutants until this space was forcefully attacked, directly exposing it to the frontal impact of the explosion just beyond the air barrier.

It raised its eyes unwillingly, looking at a certain mecha in the sky, where the enticing smell it craved was disappearing.

The powerful energy scent, so close... It unwillingly closed its eyes, and the last bit of strength for escape disappeared.

The voice in its mind seemed to gradually fade away. Ying Chenlin grabbed the mecha key, searching for that barely perceptible resonance in his mind. After many years, since his previous life when he retired due to illness, he had not heard the voice of 'Yuan.'

"Are you still there?" Ying Chenlin asked in his mind.

"I have always been here..."

The voice was extremely weak, and with the break of an invisible string, there was no other echo.