Chapter 139

A Chaotic Battle

A clean and decisive elimination kill left the audience watching the live stream bewildered. Just a moment ago, they were shocked that Sink's medic mecha had both an energy cannon and a binding lock as weapons. They questioned whether such a weapon combination could perform on the league stage. However, Sink demonstrated with smooth operation that this weapon pairing was effective, and a medic mecha could indeed get kills.

In the live stream room, not only were there fans of Sink's original solo play, but there were also other viewers skeptical of the transition of the strongest solo player to team battles with a medic mecha. Some were there just to see a joke. However, at this moment, some of the doubts about the medic mecha's weapons in the live broadcast room had not yet dissipated. In the team battle mecha base, KID's Sink decisively took the first mecha point in the fourth island district of the Keze Floating Island.

[He's already killed...?]

[So fast, I need to rewind and watch the replay. How did he suddenly get a kill?]

[Is this the strength of the strongest solo player? Why do I feel that his medic play is different from others?]

More than just different! A regular medic mecha can't achieve such high output, let alone take down the first head on the spot. The basic attributes of a medic mecha are destined to have better defense than offense. Normally, a mecha base wouldn't risk using an attack mecha. Considering the maximization of the effectiveness of the six-mecha composition, using a control mecha as a secondary attack output is generally better than using a medic mecha.

But KID not only used it, but he also demonstrated right from the start that he knew how to use a combat-oriented medic mecha.

[How much time has passed...?]

[Didn't they say it's difficult to eliminate mechas in matches with a medic mecha system?]

[He and Trace cooperated directly to raise the damage of that Dreamchaser team mecha to over 60%.]

[Is the pace of team battle matches so fast?]

[No... in our team battles, we can eliminate opponents within the first 4 minutes. This is the first time.]

The pace of solo matches is not as fast as team matches. Solo matches are basically individual combat, and the speed of explosive eliminations is slower. To eliminate a mecha in 4 minutes like this, those who don't know might think they're playing in a virtual battlefield. One must know that eliminating a mecha requires multiple accurate hits to reach an irreparable level of damage in a short time.

But KID achieved it with just one artillery and a medic mecha.

In the Gale base, the coaching staff, while focusing on their team's progress on other competition tracks, were also paying attention to the situation on the track where their opponents were. The Gale coaching team saw the attacking medic mecha displayed in KID's live broadcast room and sighed.

"KID dares to use this kind of routine. If he's predicted by the Qi team, he says the attack medic mecha in the virtual battlefield might be related to KID. This binding lock and energy cannon are exactly the same as the initial solo battle footage that killed the stealthed opponent, right?"

The assistant coach said, "This also depends on his cooperation with Trace, right? How did he manage to cooperate so well with Trace?"

Amateurs watch the excitement, but professionals look at strategy and cooperation.

The first mecha point at the beginning of the match is not so easy to take, and a medic mecha cannot achieve high output in such a short time. This first kill was a joint effort between Trace and Sink, with the high-altitude artillery mecha being the main output and the nearby medic mecha providing auxiliary output. Trace was responsible for pressuring the damage, while Sink was responsible for completely chasing down the mecha.