Chapter 85

Longsword

Ying Chenlin took the mecha out from his collar. The black and red mecha key remained silent, and he looked down slightly, his brain unexpectedly calm.

Driving an S-class mecha was not impossible, just like in the previous battles, he could hear Yuan's voice. As long as he could endure the mental strain.

Ying Chenlin examined his physical condition. Fortunately, in the previous battles, he had reserved himself not to get injured in the explosion. He hadn't excessively used his right hand, and his current body was more ideal than expected. If he input mental strength into the mecha key, it could only be an attempt to reach the fluctuation shown in the mental strength spectrum. He thought of what the doctor had said after he inquired not long ago.

A bold idea appeared in his mind.

His gaze stopped on the black and red mecha key. Should he gamble...?

The booming sounds of attacks were right above him. Ying Chenlin looked up at his teammates, gripping the key tightly.

Outside the base, the speed of the orangutan's attacks had increased. When fighting such a pollutant up close, every detail of the pollutant would be magnified, making it clear to the mecha pilots fighting against it—

In dealing with so many pollutants on the front lines, Lu Xi encountered a pollutant with such strange movements for the first time.

It felt as if it wasn't a pollutant in front of her, but a flexible combination of a guardian and stealth mecha.

She had heard of the intelligence of primate pollutants, but experiencing it firsthand felt abnormal. If it were a mecha, it would be fine, but the critical point was that it wasn't a mecha, it was stronger, faster, and more threatening than a mecha.

In a short time, Ji Qingfeng had quickly approached. His Binding Lock Sickle immediately bound the orangutan, and the powerful pulling force dragged it forward. The control effect achievable on a mecha had only half the effect on the orangutan. "Lu Xi, go!"

"Be careful." Lu Xi gritted her teeth, activating the thrusters to increase the distance.

"Don't worry." Ji Qingfeng said, "Brother can control even people. Just a measly orangutan—"

Before he finished speaking, the orangutan's eyes suddenly looked at him, a pair of clear eyes, as if they were human eyes.

Ji Qingfeng: "...Isn't it, brother? Can't I tease a bit?"

Once the paralysis effect of the Binding Lock Sickle on the orangutan passed, it quickly switched targets. With one hand, it grabbed Ji Qingfeng's chain, and with the other hand, it struck towards him with inertia.

Fierce impacts sent Ji Qingfeng flying. The orangutan landed on the ground, its feet steady.

The muscles of its sinking legs seemed to burst in an instant. Ji Qingfeng fell to the ground and shouted, "Lu Xi, run!"

Lu Xi bit her teeth, fully activating the thrusters. In the moment she escaped, the orangutan, which had jumped from the ground, struck towards her original position, producing a formidable sound. One couldn't imagine the consequences if it had been caught just now.

Inside the bureau, everyone focused the only real-time camera on the top, clearly seeing the scene of the battle. The pollution experts on-site spoke one after another:

"Its intelligence has obviously surpassed ordinary primates. This pollutant is good at using its advantages. I suspect its ability is brain domain enhancement."