Chapter 41

Fatten Up

The live broadcast in Chi Lizi's room briefly paused for a moment.

When two elimination messages appeared, the other mechas inside the virtual battlefield quickly raised their alertness, swiftly finding corresponding cover. Mecha pilots who frequently engaged in virtual battles were familiar with some IDs. Cef4's gun mecha pilot, Ace789, would be avoided by others when seen in the Unified Battle Hall, as they knew to steer clear of his gunfire. However, there was always a danger with the unknown.

A mecha pilot capable of eliminating two opponents at the beginning of an S-rank 6000-point match was definitely not relying on luck.

As the two elimination messages flashed by, KID and the others were on the move. Lin Yao took a moment to look back and then braked behind a building. "Brother You, didn't you say you'd cover us with gunfire?"

You Su swiftly changed positions. "Covering doesn't conflict with killing."

When the five mechas just respawned in the same location, unfortunately in a densely populated area of buildings, they had to evacuate from the respawn point first. In such an environment, the firepower of the gun mechs was most noticeable.

But You Su was focused elsewhere.

In the distance, the scene also caught the attention of Ying Chenlin through his perspective. He was still using You Su's viewpoint. With the opponent's rapid movement, he saw that KID's other mechas had already separated.

You Su had strong individual skills. In this relatively small moving space, he did not choose to retreat because of too many lurking enemies. Instead, he decisively chose to take the initiative from the beginning.

Ying Chenlin's gaze followed the changing scenery, using You Su's movement to observe the surrounding hidden situations. Playing solo, any variable could change the course of the game. He warned, "There are many mechas around here."

Lin Yao said on the channel, "Wow, isn't that exciting!"

"Too many mecha around definitely means artillery is lurking behind. It's annoying to encounter artillery in this kind of map, especially snipers. One shot, one accurate hit," said Ji Qingfeng.

Huo Yan asked, "Should we run or go straight for it?"

Lin Yao, "Can we go straight for it?"

The place where You Su was currently located happened to be the densely built area of the abandoned biological factory in the industrial park. This kind of place was very suitable for long-range mecha ambushes, and usually, teammates would be nearby in the vicinity of a long-range mecha.

"We can go for it," Ying Chenlin thought for a moment, "but first, we need to capture the mecha from the Third Star Zone that you mentioned."

Ji Qingfeng was surprised, "Capture him? The Sixth in the Star Alliance, is it that easy to capture!"

Huo Yan pondered, "It's a bit difficult to capture him in advance. In the virtual battlefield, we have to judge the mech IDs ourselves."

In the virtual battlefield, mecha IDs were not displayed unless some mechas had obvious painted skins that made them recognizable at a glance. In other cases, precise determination of a person's mech required close judgment.

"I have a method to capture him," Ying Chenlin said.

Ji Qingfeng brightened up, "If we can capture him, it's simple! Find his location, and I'll go assassinate him immediately."