Chapter 79

Martial Virtue

Silence spread within the administration. The staff, notified by the loudspeaker, said, "Director, it's cracked."

This statement was broadcast through the base station's loudspeaker, and the mecha pilots engaged in battle turned their heads in astonishment.

The three-meter-wide crack appeared on the light shield of the defense system. The light energy components that fell from the crack dimmed and gradually dissolved into energy fluid, leaving a stain on the tarmac. Only the crack on the top was glaring.

In the rest area of the major mecha bases, the leaders and coaches, previously excitedly discussing, paused and turned their attention to the crack on the defense system. The defense system, as the outermost layer of protection for the base station, usually used energy shields for defense. Additionally, rare transparent light energy components were embedded in elevated positions outside the base station entrance, playing a crucial role in enhancing the defense system. Typically, it could withstand attacks from a large number of pollutants and even resist some attacks from S-class pollutants.

But now, this defense system had a precise three-meter-wide crack, located precisely where the light energy components were embedded.

Jiang Simiao, sitting in the crowd, trembled as he raised his glasses, looking at the three-meter-wide crack. His first thought was that it was overartillery this would cost a lot.

Everyone outside who saw this scene fell silent. The mecha pilot KID was a half-step late to notice the three-meter crack.

Several mecha pilots looked towards the originator at the elevated position. Lin Yao happened to be close to the giant wolf's location, looking back and replied, "Brother You, it seems like the defense system has cracked."

Ji Qingfeng was surprised, "No way!? Isn't the defense system resistant to collisions?"

Lin Yao repeatedly observed, "It seems like it has cracked."

The three looked towards the white mecha at the elevated position, and all their voices fell into the ears of You Suo, who shared their channel. Theo, belatedly aware, found a communication request from the highest authority in the Qiu Jin Canyon pollution zone's central control room among various messages requesting the establishment of a communication channel.

"We've blasted a hole in the defense system."

Theo: "Should we answer the central control room's communication?"

You Suo: "..."

The giant wolf died on the defense system, and the nearby crack was quickly discovered by other pollutants. They ran toward the crack in groups. Jiang Yv flew to the crack, blocking the way and clearing out the pollutants attempting to enter the crack. Next to her was that huge S-class pollutant.

The pollutants were already in a dead state. Upon closer inspection, it would be found that the severely wounded areas of this giant wolf were its head and front limbs' claws. The claws on its front limbs were the medium it used to tear open space with its abilities. S-class pollutants had a certain level of intelligence. This pollutant, using its abilities to ambush the base station, understood how to use abilities and bouncing power to capture prey. In a sense, it should have the awareness to discern danger and escape.

However, every time it tried to escape, the direction was completely sealed by that mecha.

The mecha pilot in the cockpit seemed to know which direction it would escape and also knew the intermittent use of its abilities and the approximate distance. Utilizing the bombardment of gunfire to intercept the S-class pollutant, which could only rely on running and shuttling to escape, completely blocked its escape route.