Chapter 9

Cooperation

On the other side of the mountain forest, Ying Chenlin saw the pollution Zone rescue mech approaching from a distance. He slightly controlled his mental power output and concealed himself in the mountain forest.

Since personnel from the management bureau had arrived, it was highly likely that they would clear the pollution zone.

Ying Chenlin didn't want to leave the pollution zone for the time being, so he had to evade the patrolling mecha. He shut down the excess energy consumption of his mech and carefully assessed his recent gains.

The fang rat corpses were still stored in the internal storage space of the mech. Fang rats were B-grade pollutants, and their most valuable part was their fangs. Apart from that, there was the deep red crystal carried by the fang rats.

"It looks like a high-level psychic crystal, but I'm not sure." Ying Chenlin couldn't help but speak and glanced at the mech key on his neck. However, there was no response from the mech key.

Yuan, the solo mech, had an S-grade psychic crystal at the core of its primary weapon. To create a mech suitable for his current stage, he needed to inherit Yuan's intelligence. He had to choose a weapon core slightly lower than the S-grade psychic crystal, which was also compatible with his combat style. Auxiliary-class psychic crystals were mostly useless.

[Cannot detect this item, please try again.]

Ying Chenlin used the detection system to analyze the item once more, but the results only indicated pollution detection. An undetectable crystal could only be an exceptional psychic crystal carrying psychic abilities higher than B-grade fang rats, but how could such a psychic crystal appear in the Banute pollution zone? Why was it carried by the fang rats?

The red crystal emitted a strange thunderous light, and its psychic abilities couldn't be predicted.

While pondering, Ying Chenlin suddenly noticed the hole in the ground where he had stayed earlier. The hole had been there from the outskirts when the vines chased the rat swarm to the perimeter. Could it be that they weren't chasing the mutated fang rat but rather the psychic crystal carried by the fang rats...?

Ying Chenlin suddenly realized something and looked in the direction where the vines had retreated into the deep woods.

He drove his mech towards the deep woods without noticing the faint glow of the deep red psychic crystal near the fang rat's body.

Simultaneously, the black-red mech key beneath his collar briefly illuminated.

Outside the pollution zone, the management bureau was bombarded with various information.

Urgent reports of abnormal pollution levels were appearing on the monitoring system, and the personnel in the management area were frantically busy.

"Most of the mecha at the outskirts of the pollution zone have been cleared, and some have entered deeper, and the rescue team is also providing assistance."

The head of the management bureau stared at the monitor with a look of urgency, saying, "The mecha pilots who were seen have all been cleared out. This time the mutation is unusual, with significant pollution level fluctuations. We can't afford any casualties."

The urgent reports on the detection system continued without stopping, causing them tremendous pressure. If there were problems in the Banute pollution zone, it could potentially affect the safety zone outside the pollution zone, which would be a major issue.

"Has the location with the 6000 pollution value been investigated?" The head asked while looking at a spot on the map, but the pollution value in that area had already dropped to the average level. "Has there been any pollution source?"