Chapter 109

Stationmaster

It's said to be similar, but it's not the straightforward kind of similarity; it's more about the person's facial features. The person in the photo is a woman in her thirties, wearing the typical white lab coat of a researcher. It only covers half of her face, leaving only her eyes and eyebrows visible. She bears about ninety percent resemblance to Ying Chenlin, who is standing next to her.

Ying Chenlin noticed You Su's shift in gaze, and the person beside him moved his hand away. "What's wrong?"

You Su's gaze moved between the portrait and Ying Chenlin's face. He removed his hand covering the portrait on the person, originally thinking it was just his own illusion. However, as Ying Chenlin compared himself to the portrait at such a close distance, the familiarity on each portrait seemed replicated.

He asked, "Take a look at this person."

The person blocking his view stepped back a few steps. Ying Chenlin turned to look at the woman's portrait, feeling a slight shock.

It's challenging to judge similarity directly, especially for a single feature like eyebrows and eyes.

Seeing Ying Chenlin's attention, You Su added, "Her eyes look a lot like yours."

"Indeed, they look very alike!" Theo's voice rang out. "The eyes are just like Ying Chenlin's!"

You Su glanced sideways, noticing Ying Chenlin's unusual expression.

Ying Chenlin didn't move; his attention was entirely on that photo. From the person's eyes in the picture to her entire face, this face gave him a familiar yet unfamiliar feeling. It wasn't about recognizing facial features; it was about recognizing the woman from his memory.

In the old album shown to him by his grandfather during his childhood, there were a few pictures of his parents together. The person in the photo looked exactly like his mother.

Ying Chenlin seldom reminisced about things related to his parents. In his memory, there was no experience of being with his parents. Raised by his grandfather since childhood, his memories related to his parents were only briefly mentioned by his grandfather. With the changes in two lifetimes, these memories had become inconsequential to him. Thinking about his parents now, he only remembered that they were outstanding people who had unfortunately passed away.

However, when he first saw this photo, Ying Chenlin suddenly realized that in his memory, his parents were a blank area.

There were about ten photos on the portrait wall, with the woman's photo in the middle of the third row. Next to it were some text information about the research project. Ying Chenlin stared closely at that photo, seemingly trying to confirm the similarities between the photo and the one he had seen in his memory. Under the photo was the notation of the woman's identity—Chief Researcher (Shi Xuejun).

Shi Xuejun... Ying Chenlin's gaze paused for a moment, then quickly swept across the other portraits. The speed of his gaze was fast, and he had seen all the photos in no time. After looking at these, he took a few steps to the side.

On the other side of the portrait wall, there was no headshot information. Dense text information summarized the previous research goals of the research institute inside the station. Ying Chenlin swept over keywords like 'pollutants,' 'weapons,' and his steps became somewhat urgent, as if trying to quickly deduce something from this information.

The information on the wall was not comprehensive, and the virtual screen seemed to have been damaged by something, with cracks running through it.

The broken virtual screen almost created a disjointed effect, and black blocks were scattered throughout the blurred information.