Chapter 45

New Person

After taking the photos, they quickly returned to the training room.

Shen Xingtang was in the office organizing promotional materials. Jiang Simiao, seeing that everyone else had left, asked Shen Xingtang, "Why didn't you tell Chenlin about the roster? Chenlin thought it was you who would be on it."

Team battles in mechas follow a five-mecha format. Due to the large number of mechas, pre-match inspections and maintenance are required by repairmen. Therefore, bases need to submit a list of repairmen to the alliance. This list specifies repairmen who can enter the match preparation area and are called team repairmen, requiring approval from the alliance.

For the fairness of the competition, there can only be one team repairman during the match. They stay in the preparation area in the transition zone, monitoring the data of the mechas before and during the match to prevent any special situations.

"I was too busy and forgot. Besides, his skills are better than mine." Shen Xingtang remembered the last time they went to the Polluted Zone of the Tianyu Star. Even on the outskirts of the competition area, Ying Chenlin could enjoy the scenery with the lively group for a long time. "He likes it, and I'm not interested in that place. Let the kid broaden his horizons. Also, I received some news recently."

Jiang Simiao looked at her in confusion.

"The Team Battle League may undergo restructuring in the coming years. After the incident in the Tianyu Star, the Star Alliance has already held several emergency meetings." Shen Xingtang pinched her brow and continued, "The introduction of medical mechas is a matter of time."

Jiang Simiao had heard about the introduction of medical mechas, but there had been no follow-up for several years. "Are you talking about the introduction of mecha team doctors?"

In recent years, the frontline medical mecha system had matured, introducing intelligent repair systems internally. Although it couldn't match the abilities of repairmen, it could handle some wartime situations. In the border or other military areas, these types of mecha teams gradually matured and were called 'mecha team doctors' because they were medical mechas.

Since its establishment, the Team Battle Mecha League had not undergone any restructuring. If medical mechas were introduced, shifting from a five-mecha to a six-mecha format, the Team Battle Mecha League would undoubtedly undergo restructuring.

"If medical mechas are introduced, a position will be added to the Team Battle Mechas, and the tasks of the team repairman will also be transferred in part to the medical mechas." Shen Xingtang continued, "I'm thinking that if restructuring is really going to happen, if Chenlin's body can adapt, let him give it a try."

Ying Chenlin couldn't sustain high-intensity mecha operations continuously. Shen Xingtang noticed this in some footage from the Tianyu Star and later asked other KID members, learning that Ying Chenlin had fatigue periods when piloting mechas. But thinking of the sincerity Ying Chenlin showed in the repair room that day, Shen Xingtang knew he also yearned for that vast battlefield. The kid had retired due to his body being forced to retire before he reached adulthood, which was a pity.

Jiang Simiao: "Do you want him to adapt in advance? But these things that haven't been finalized yet, what if..."

"So I didn't tell him, but it's probably something in the next few years."

Shen Xingtang said, "The Alliance will disclose this information to let other mecha bases prepare in advance. I heard that other teams in different star domains have already been cultivating medical mecha pilots. The incident in the Tianyu Star is also a reason, the complexity of the polluted area's environment. If the league is to continue, a medical system will inevitably be introduced."