Chapter 51

After the Competition

In the preparation area, other maintenance personnel couldn't help but look in the direction of Ying Chenlin. This maintenance personnel seemed inexperienced, but the previous report on DE was decisive, directly alerting the race committee and the chairman. It's difficult to investigate modifications to the weapon core, but this maintenance personnel, despite appearing young, had sharp and keen eyes.

"Ying Chenlin? I haven't heard this name in the industry before."

"So young, could he be a student of some teacher?"

Whispers circulated around.

Ying Chenlin didn't pay attention to the surrounding glances and calmly watched the match in the polluted zone.

So far, KID was following their pre-arranged plan.

While the news of DE's illegal modification of mechas stirred up discussions outside, the matches in the Fiyalge polluted zone continued. With one team eliminated, the remaining seven teams were competing for the four spots in the top 16. After the initial intense battles involving KID and two other teams, the intervals between battles in the subsequent hours noticeably lengthened, and many teams chose to act cautiously.

The format of "Score Grab in 72 Hours" emphasizes obtaining points by eliminating mechas. However, once a certain score is accumulated, maintaining stability becomes crucial. If a team accumulates a significant score and gets eliminated due to reckless actions, all the previously accumulated points will be in vain.

Scoring is important, but team survival is equally crucial.

DE had all their scores canceled, but KID's achievement of eliminating three of their mechas remained. This catapulted KID to become the early dark horse in the Fiyalge zone, directly reaching the top spot in the rankings.

When viewers in the live broadcast room thought that KID might play it safe and observe the situation to secure four points, they unexpectedly started rampaging through the forest, explicitly displaying the intention to engage in battles. They chased and fought any mecha they encountered, without considering that they were now the big target with 4 points on their heads.

The stealth mecha Ji Qingfeng swung a lock-scythe across the forest, seizing control of mechas on sight. The Guardian mecha Lin Yao, not to mention, with a swing of the long knife, it could charge into the group of mechas, sweeping away opponents in 1v1 battles. The remaining three mechas didn't form a group, but the tank and control, armed with firearms, acted as left and right guards, providing cover for Trace. They cleared a path for him with each shot.

DE's withdrawal did not affect KID's rhythm in the zone.

Even though it was a team battle, they managed to turn it into chaos, so chaotic that they could still eliminate mechas in the end.

Outside the field, Jiang Simiao found this situation extremely troublesome. He knew KID's strategy, but watching the match, he felt his heart might give out: "No, no, I have to fight them and demand stability when they come out."

Shen Xingtang sat in a cheerful mood, "Stability is hard to come by. I think they're having a great time."

Inside the arena, KID didn't consider much. The energy consumption on the first day was too high, and they needed to conserve some energy for the third day's surprise attacks.

Besides, the polluted zone was vast and filled with trees. They hadn't encountered any mechas even after walking for half a day.

Even though they didn't find any mechas, there were plenty of pollutants along the way.