Chapter 37

Clearing (or Cleanup)

The person in charge turned his head and saw that the heads of the Gale Base and YDS Base were still there, but Shen Xingtang was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Boss Shen?"

A nearby staff member said, "The Sand Lizard is dead. The teleportation is not affected by spatial interference. Boss Shen has activated the mecha and went to the polluted area, saying that he wants to settle the score with someone."

The person in charge asked, "Settle the score!?"

The polluted area was in chaos. After the teleportation function was not affected, the management bureau staff who came to clean up the aftermath entered to inspect. They found that all the abnormal conditions around the S-class Sand Lizard had been alleviated after its death. The Tianyu Star polluted area was already a high-risk area, with sandstorms and severe weather throughout the year. Due to the spatial enhancement effect of the Sand Lizard, there were variations in weather conditions such as strong winds in some areas inside the polluted area.

In the Star Alliance's pollutant records, pollutants that caused such drastic environmental changes were extremely rare.

After this data was transmitted back to the bureau, the staff had to reassess spatial anomalous pollutants and reclassify the spatial enhancement ability of the Sand Lizard, determining its intensity to be higher than the S-class Century Orchid, making it an S-class mutant pollutant.

Moreover, it was only when they arrived at the scene that they realized how extensive the impact of the energy explosion triggered by KID was.

At the time, the nearby base station tower recorded the shockwave it received, and the attack power was no less than that of the Border Army's heavy weapons. The only thing that caused this fluctuation was just a few reckless mecha pilots.

"But it burned too thoroughly..." A staff member opened the pollutant's corpse, "Everything is burned, and nothing is recognizable."

Another staff member was puzzled, "Is that so? How powerful was this energy explosion? There's not even a trace of the ability crystal left!"

While the staff cleaned up the aftermath in the polluted area, all the mecha pilots returned to the bureau for physical examinations. In such a serious situation, mecha pilots were likely to be affected by the polluted area, and the bureau was particularly concerned about this. They even sent several doctors specifically.

Zhao Lejie and Hu Luobu had their examinations done relatively early. As soon as they walked out, they heard a woman's voice from the adjacent medical resting room.

"Heh, what's next!? That Sand Lizard was difficult to deal with, but retreating would have been fine. If you can't win, won't you run? Do you know how dangerous that kind of explosion is? I sent you to the polluted area to save people, not to play with your lives!" Shen Xingtang stood in front of KID's group. Only she knew that her heart almost stopped when she saw the explosion. She knew that these mecha pilots usually liked to play, but they couldn't play with their lives!

Jiang Simiao stood beside her, acting as a mediator: "Xingtang, calm down, calm down. Everyone has returned, right?"

Holding several mecha keys in her hand, Shen Xingtang said, "All mechas damaged? Do you know how long it took me and Chenlin to repair your mechas? You come to the polluted area once, and it turns into this. The next season's opening match is not far away!"

Chenlin stood nearby and, hearing this, walked forward: "Sister Tang, the idea to detonate was mine."

"Go to the next room and let the doctor check your hand. I'll settle the accounts with you later. There's a Border Army doctor next door, you go first." Shen Xingtang pushed him back to the door, then turned to the other mecha pilots still standing inside the room and said, "Come on, continue. What were you doing in the polluted area?"