After Grandpa Gu told Ying Chenlin about the matter of the mechas to be repaired, he said, "You mentioned modifying the medic mecha. Jianheng has also sent two templates for the currently available A-grade medic mechas, saying they would be helpful for our modification. Do you have time for the modification?"

"Yes." Ying Chenlin took the templates that Grandpa Gu handed over. "Next time, thank Zhou Lao for me."

"Zhou Lao only asked me to convey his thanks. I heard you were sick, and he originally wanted to visit you when he passed by the military hospital. However, the security was tight there, and he didn't go in the end." Grandpa Gu stood with his hands behind his back, watching Ying Chenlin look at the template. He asked curiously, "Since you want to modify mechas, what type of mecha do you want to start with? In terms of the basic performance of medic mechas, it should be similar to control mechas."

"I want to modify a single-pilot mecha." Ying Chenlin said.

Grandpa Gu was a little surprised when he heard this.

Single-pilot mechas were not in the same system as team battle mechas. Nowadays, medic mechas were also categorized as team battle mechas. If Ying Chenlin wanted to start with single-pilot mechas, the project would be much larger in terms of engineering and difficulty than using control mechas.

Ying Chenlin lowered his head slightly, looking at the mecha key hanging from his neck.

Two rings were added to the red rope of the mecha necklace, which collided with the key and the storage device. He said, "Rest assured, I have a plan for the modification."

The modification of mecha would take time. The most urgent thing now was to resolve the issue of weapons. Ying Chenlin closed the template of the medic mecha and handed the weapon manuscripts during the hospitalization period to Grandpa Gu. "Take a look at this."

"Did you draw so many manuscripts?" Grandpa Gu took the weapon manuscripts drawn by Ying Chenlin. "Boss said the elimination tournament might start at the end of the year. We have less than half a year left."

Seeing that Ying Chenlin had drawn so many manuscripts, Grandpa Gu didn't know how idle this young man had been during his hospitalization. If he really made these weapons based on the manuscripts, combined with the batch of weapons developed by Qiu Jin, they not only needed to manufacture weapons within half a year but also had to spare time for mecha pilots to test the weapons. Half a year was indeed a bit tight.

"Are the tests of Qiu Jin's weapons completed?" Ying Chenlin asked.

Grandpa Gu had already tested Qiu Jin's weapons in the base during this time. "Done, but there are some problems during testing."

The light knife is a melee weapon, but Ying Chenlin doesn't want it to be just an ordinary melee weapon. KID's biggest weakness used to be the control of the melee front line, so Ying Chenlin transformed the little orangutan's air shock ability into an air shock knife. When Huo Yan uses this knife, he can achieve the effect of shock and repulsion through the air shock weapon core embedded in the weapon.

The design of the counter-injury shield determines its weak defensive side, and sometimes replacing defense with offense has a more obvious effect. Once a mecha crosses the defense range of the counter-injury shield and wants to attack Huo Yan, the air shock knife can achieve the effect of knocking back or repelling, thus passively achieving a defensive effect. Moreover, this knife can even supplement the control of the front line for KID during close combat.

When explaining the design of the weapon, Ying Chenlin's excitement is completely undisguised on his face. Grandpa Gu stands by and watches. Since he first met this young man, he has not only discovered his talent in mecha driving and maintenance but also his ingenious ideas on weapons. As the saying goes, only by starting from within the industry can you know the inside story. He always designs weapons based on the habits of mecha pilots.