Chapter 57. Qiu Jin Grand Canyon Pollution Zone (Race Time)

Começar do início

Gu Xiaotian silently endured the beating.

He did make a mistake, and being beaten was deserved.

Listening to his grandfather's voice, Gu Xiaotian suddenly heard some movement outside. He turned his head to see someone passing by the ward entrance and quickly ran to the other side of the ward.

Grandpa Gu frowned, "What are you doing?"

Gu Xiaotian rummaged in his school bag, finally took out a small memory chip, and said, "Grandpa, I just saw Boss Shen. I'll be right back! There's something I need to give her."

---

Exiting the medical station, the two prepared to go to the underground floating car park.

The sunlight outside was just right, and Ying Chenlin's gaze inadvertently fell on the tall buildings in the distance.

Suddenly, the scenery in his field of vision twisted strangely, and the scene in front of him gradually lost focus.

While Shen Xingtang was talking, she suddenly noticed something, quickly reaching out to support Ying Chenlin. "What's wrong!?"

Ying Chenlin was brought back to his senses by her voice. He slightly steadied himself and, when he looked forward again, the previously distorted view had returned to normal.

But for that brief moment, his consciousness felt a bit hazy.

"Nothing," Ying Chenlin said, standing firm.

However, Shen Xingtang tightly furrowed her brows, "Too tired? Did the doctor mention anything during the recent check-up? Genetic diseases are not trivial, especially since you're still in the recovery period. You need to be attentive to any anomalies."

He had recently undergone a check-up, and the doctor confirmed that there were no issues with his body.

If there was anything unusual, it was the increased frequency of strange fluctuations in the mental power spectrum, which had appeared several times during investigations. Ying Chenlin had experienced the symptoms of genetic diseases in his previous life, but back then, there were no such peculiar occurrences.

Ying Chenlin, lost in thought, unintentionally yawned. "Maybe I'm just tired."

Seeing him yawn, Shen Xingtang, worried, said, "No, after the promotion match, I must recruit a few apprentices."

Ying Chenlin always liked to stay in the maintenance room, and if she wasn't careful, the workload would increase. In addition to finding maintenance apprentices to alleviate the pressure on the base's maintenance room, she also had to remind the doctor she had contacted before.

"Don't refuse me this time. The base's finances are not as tight as before, and hiring people is necessary. There's also a doctor who said he'll come to the base after the New Year. I'll send a message to remind him when I get back."

Shen Xingtang continued, "You wait here, I'll go to the garage to get the car. Don't go far."

After she left, Ying Chenlin didn't move. He took out Yuan's necklace from his collar.

Releasing his mental power to contact the mecha, just a few minutes passed, and Yuan still showed no response.

In the ward, the seriously ill old man sat leaning against the medical capsule, and Gu Xiaotian had disappeared.

Looking at the gifts placed beside the sickbed, brought by Shen Xingtang a few days ago, fortunately, Gu Xiaotian encountered a kind person; otherwise, this impersonation might have caused even bigger trouble.