Chapter 6. Banute Pollution Zone

Start from the beginning

Ying Chenlin untied the red string and wore it around his neck.

At that moment, a reminder popped up on his electronic brain. He closed the alert and took out a syringe containing a treatment solution. He expertly injected it into the vein in his right arm.

His fair skin bore the faint marks of injections, more prominent where the mechanical limb connected. After the injection, Ying Chenlin discreetly recorded his condition in his electronic brain:

[Right arm maximum load: 30 kg, fatigue time: 1 hour and 4 minutes.]

Dr. Wu had told him that his rehabilitation should progress gradually, and the integration of the mechanical limb with his body needed time for adjustment. Overloading would be a burden on the human body.

"It's 10 minutes longer than last time," Ying Chenlin thought. It was good news. The extra 10 minutes suggested an improved ability to bear the load, and he could gradually increase his training duration based on how well his arm adapted.

It had been a long time since he had genuinely interacted with his mecha.

After packing his belongings, Ying Chenlin opened the materials list sent by Xun Bao. Xun Bao owned a store specializing in mecha parts and had good connections with various suppliers. The file listed the currently popular mecha raw materials, including special metals and energy sources.

Ying Chenlin quickly scanned the list of materials. Mecha technology had been evolving, and the materials used in mechas were constantly changing. He became a mecha mechanic several years after this period, and the mecha technology, metal resources, and alliance standards were entirely different from the present time.

After reviewing the material list, Ying Chenlin also saw the final estimate.

Building a mecha was expensive, especially for high-level mechas, with the cost of materials being astronomical.

Looking at the list, Ying Chenlin was momentarily unsure whether returning to age 18 was a good thing. In his previous life, purchasing these materials wouldn't have been an issue. His savings could have comfortably covered the cost of the mecha he wanted to build. In this current period, his body was at its healthiest, but it could also be considered a time when he had just escaped poverty.

From registering as a mecha mechanic to participating in the Star Alliance competition, he hadn't signed with a team. All of the initial income from the league matches went into maintaining his mecha and fine-tuning weapons. Much of his savings were spent on treating his genetic disease in recent times.

At this point, he only had enough to support his own life and couldn't afford the high cost of acquiring mecha source materials. If KID rejected his resume, he would need to find a job to make ends meet.

Since he couldn't directly purchase the expensive mecha materials from the suppliers, there was only one option left.

Ying Chenlin opened his electronic brain and began a search: "Sirius Contaminated Zone."

In the current development of the Star Alliance, mecha mechanics were always respected. This was not only due to the popular mecha league but also because of the Contaminated Zones.

Before the establishment of the Mecha League, the areas where mecha mechanics were active were the Contaminated Zones.

Contaminated Zones were areas near human safe zones, regions that could not be purified by human technology. In these areas, mutated plants and animals, incomprehensible magnetic fields, and viruses that could bypass human defenses existed. At the same time, various resources that could not be found outside these zones were also present. As a result, many mecha mechanics flocked to these zones to take risks and get a share of the materials that could be harvested.

However, there were risks and no guarantees of safety in the Contaminated Zones. Although there was no lack of successful mechanics who had obtained rich rewards, there were also many casualties. To venture into the Contaminated Zone required not only mecha piloting but also outstanding combat abilities. However, one of the most important things was teamwork and support.

The living environment and enemy threats in Contaminated Zones were very different from the usual combat scenarios. Mecha and teams adapted to different enemies and different environments, so the Mecha League placed great importance on the collection of Contaminated Zone data. Training camp recruitment included prospects who were also willing to work in Contaminated Zones. In the past few years, the Mecha League had grown by leaps and bounds. The level of competition was such that the mecha mechanics who were eager to work in Contaminated Zones were unable to get approval from teams. Most teams had mecha mechanics who had successfully secured a position.

Ying Chenlin used his right hand to type on the electronic brain, searching for teams currently working in Sirius's Contaminated Zone.

The fact that Sirius was a remote planet didn't mean it had no value. Contaminated Zones had extraordinary wealth that could make it a world treasure. As long as it had the best raw materials for mechas, it was valuable. Sirius had a Contaminated Zone, and Ying Chenlin was determined to tap into it.