135. Purple Poem ☂️

Start from the beginning

Why does this man own the life-size version of this game? That's why I lost! The blocks were stacked so high. After my final attempt to pull one, the came crashing down on me. 

At this point, I was ready to go to bed, but A.B. said whoever wins the last game gets the sofa bed. I fell for it, and I participated in the next rigged game that he owned - Checkers!

 I fell for it, and I participated in the next rigged game that he owned - Checkers!

With one checker, he jumped over all of my checkers like he was playing Hopscotch. Who plays Checkers like that? I got up and walked upstairs to my boring bed.

"Baby!" A.B. followed me. "It's just a game."

"I'm going to sleep! Goodnight!" I told him as I got under the cover.

Not even 10 seconds later, I heard him ask, "You sleep?" It sounded like he was close.

"Yes, I'm sleep," I replied.

A.B. chuckled, "Sleeping up here is better for you, anyway. You'll be scared down there by yourself. Sometimes the wind hits the door and sounds like someone is trying to break in."

I quickly turned over onto my stomach. "Stop trying to scare me."

"I'm not. I really came up here to get a goodnight kiss."

I raised my head and grinned at him. "I'll give you a kiss if you give me the sofa bed."

A.B. thought about it and like the sneaky person I knew him to be, he swiftly stole a kiss and daringly stared at me.

My mouth was agape. "Give it back," I demanded.

A.B. smiled, "I don't think I can do that."

"That's not fair, A.B.," I whined but soon a laugh escaped my mouth. How is it possible to turn into a big kid in an adult relationship? 

A.B. sat on the floor, looking at me in admiration.

I blushed. "Stop! Why you looking at me like that?"

"The more I get to know you, the more beautiful you look to me."

I buried my face in the pillow. I know he said that on purpose, but I'm gonna get the chance to sleep on that sofa bed one of these nights.

I felt his warmth wrap around me. "Goodnight, pretty lady." He kissed my cheek.

I fell asleep and had a dream about a killer whale. Let's just say it was an adventure.

 Let's just say it was an adventure