79. Finish The Dance 👣

Instead of taking me to my parents house, because I told him not to, we went back to A.B.'s apartment.

"You must really want to organize my library," he joked.

I gave a fake laugh as I walked inside his apartment behind him.

"We don't have to." A.B. put our food in the refrigerator. "We can..." He looked around his apartment. "Watch a movie--"

"Let's get your library room together," I demanded. I wasn't in the mood to watch a movie.

"I'm gonna charge my phone. I'll be back." A.B. informed me as I went to the library room.

When I opened the door to his library room, I covered my mouth. There's no way. The last time I saw this room, there were only a few books sitting around. This room looked like he just moved in. There were at least 10 boxes stacked about the floor. What on earth did I sign-up for?

"Jamie!" A.B. called me.

I shook my head as I walked out the library room. A.B. was walking out of his bedroom. He had some folded clothes in his hand. "Here's a T-shirt and joggers you can wear so you can move around and not be confined to that dress."

I took the clothes. "Do you have any work boots? That room looks a mess."

A.B. chuckled, "Thanks for helping."

I went to the guest bathroom to change. When I came out, I met A.B. in the library room. He was wearing a T-shirt and joggers, too. I watched him unstacked the boxes.

"What's in all these boxes?" I asked him.

A.B. stood up straight. "Some new books, a bookshelf, and my mom brought some of my stuff from when I was a kid."

"Aww, she didn't want to keep it?"

A.B. chuckled, "I've been asking her for this stuff since I graduated from college."

I asked, "Why can't your mom keep some of your childhood with her?"

 "It's not even stuff she'll remember or know about. I don't want everything. She'll still has my awards like trophies and my pictures."

I shrugged as I opened a box near me. It was full of games. "Oohh! I haven't played board games in forever." I pulled out The Game of Life, Monopoly, Charades, Sorry; Twister. "We have to play this!"

A.B. examined the outside of the box. "That's definitely not my stuff."

"It has your name on the box." I pointed at his name Jace Bravos.

He shook his head. "My mom probablypacked thise by mistake." He opened another box and pulled out blankets.

"Nah, she played you," I smiled. "What were you supposed to get?"

"I had a collection of cards, gadgets that I made in Science Club, and I had two encyclopedia sets - one from the 60s and one from the 80s."

I stared at A.B in disbelief. Did it ever occur to me that A.B. was a nerd? 

Am I a nerd? Is that why we initially connected? It wasn't like he was hiding it. I just assumed he was bad boy who turned his life around.

"This box has the book shelf in it. I'm gonna put it together. You can help or you can put the books that are laying around back on that book shelf." He pointed at the book shelf that covered one wall.