18. Anything Can Happen 🎧

I cleared my throat and did a few voice exercises. I flipped open my notebook as I sat on my bed.

Song: "Suga"
Chorus:
Suga, suga baby / It's not for me / It's way too sweet / I'm not playin'

I arched my right brow. I haven't sang this song since I wrote it the first day I got here. I forgot the original melody of it. Let me sing something else I wrote. Maybe, it'll come back to me later. I flipped the page.

Song: "Choose" 
Chorus: Don't make me choose / I played this game before / I don't want to play anymore / I don't want to lose / You do something to me / You mean something to me 

I scratched my head. Between the hour of the morning and the range of my vocals, I was expecting better. I'm not feeling anything. Did I write these songs? Let's try another one. I flipped another page in my notebook.

Song: "Forever" 
Chorus: Day / Night / Long / Forever / I love you / Every day / Every night / I'll love you forever 

Ugh! I quickly flipped the pages in my notebook. I'd written a total of seven songs. These seven songs sounded nothing like the songs I would write back at home. Did someone take my writing ability and switch it with someone else's? The songs  I wrote were: 1. Suga, 2. Choose, 3. Forever, 4. Again, 5. Mystery, 6. Keeper, 7. Dreams. Yep, I'm going to need some assistance in the writing department. 

After retiring from my singing session, I made my way to the kitchen. Now that I know my way around the house, I was able to time how long it would take me to get to the kitchen from my bedroom with no problem. 

I turned the corner and smiled when I saw Brigette. "Good morning, Bridgette!"

"Good morning, Jamie! I'm starting to think you only come to the kitchen when I'm down here." Bridgette handed me a glass of orange juice.

I agree. "Thank you! I just needed to stretch my legs." I took a seat at the dining table.

Bridgette folded her arms. "You came all the way down here to stretch? Uh-huh. You're worse than Mr. Polite. He once said he dropped his keys outside when I found him looking at the cars in the garage."

I smirked, "In his defense, the garage is technically outside of the house."

Bridgette gasped before laughing. "You are just like him!"

"Just like who?" Warren walked over to us.

Bridgette told him what we were talking about.

Warren raised his hand, and I gave him a high five.

"I'm gonna start calling y'all 'Like Father, Like Daughter,'" Bridgette pointed at us. Then, her phone rang. Seconds later, she waved at us before leaving the kitchen.

Warren asked me, "How have you been making it around here?"

"A lot better, but I'm so ready to rec-" I rubbed my throat. "Excuse me." I took a sip of my orange juice. "Something got caught in my throat, but I'm just ready to revisit some of LA." I had to pat myself on the back for that one. No one but Zeke should know why I'm really here.

Warren folded his arms. "I understand. If my memory serves me correctly, Zeke returns today."

"He does," I smiled brightly.

"It was good to see you, Miss Jamie. If you need me, call me. I'll be in my favorite space taking a break for a few minutes."

"The garage?" I took my last sip of orange juice.

Warren pointed at me with both hands. "Exactly. I'm sure you've found your favorite space."

I nodded my head as he walked away. My room is definitely my favorite space. At the sound of people talking, I left the kitchen and went to the foyer.