55. All Access Backstage Pass 📺

The audience was loud, roaring for one of the best performances seen on TV to date. Larry threw his hands in the air as the judges gave him a standing ovation.

The host of the show walked over to Larry. "What an incredible performance! If you want Larry to win, text his name to 843-741 or vote online at thepowerhouse.com/vote and click on his photo. Again, you're watching The Power House, and this is finale night."

Larry was guided backstage. My make-up artist touched up my makeup. The stylish fixed my hair.

"Jae A.B., once the curtains close, you'll stand in front of the microphone. The band will play as the curtains will open. Then, you can take it away," a man wearing headsets informed me.

"Okay. Thanks."

As soon as he walked away, a voice came over the speakers. "We're back on in 30 seconds."

That was fast!

"Good luck, girl," my make-up artist told me.

I smiled as I watched the curtains close. I took a deep breath and shook my hands as I walked onto the stage. My heart was pounding so hard that I thought it would break free from my body. I took another deep breath as I stood in front of the microphone. 

"Jae," I heard Zeke's voice.

I quickly turned to my left to see him walking toward me.

"Thank you for doing this. I appreciate you." He took my hand in his. "You're going to be unstoppable after this." He whispered, "This is your stage tonight. Okay?"

I slightly smiled as I nodded my head. "Okay."

"We're celebrating after this." He left the stage just as I heard the host.

"This is her first television debut with two top 10 songs on the charts. Right now, please welcome Jae A.B.!"

The band began to play just as the curtains pulled back. As soon as I recognized the note, the music stopped and I belted out the lyrics to my song "Home."

 "I'm falling faaasst!" I sang, "And I don't care how long it laaasst!"

The claps began and the band followed with that familiar 70s music sound. I smiled as I snapped my fingers. After singing the first verse, I sang the hook. Then, the beat changed and the audience really got on their feet when they heard the "California Love" beat for my song "Choose."

The woman on the front row nearly had me in tears of laughter as she sang with her hands. A few rows back, a man was blowing me kisses. I was so glad I was wearing my dark sunglasses. My eyes would be a dead giveaway.

I ended the song with, "Don't make me - don't make me choose!"

I thought the audience was loud before, but I was going to need earplugs. I waved at them all as the curtains closed.

"Ahh!" My stylish and make-up artist we jumping up and down, pointing at me.

As the crew began to take the microphone away, the final contestants began to line up on stage.

"Miss Jae A.B., I'm a huge fan of yours. Can I get a shout out on your social media or a photo with you after the show?" Sasha, one of the final contestants, asked me.

I smiled at her. "Sure. Just remind me, because I'll forget." One of the crew members called my name, guiding me backstage.

"I know you not gon act like you don't know me." Larry posed in front of me.

I played along, "Who do you think I am?"

He lowered his voice, "Jamie, we were co-workers at Music Bravos back home in East Grove."