134. The Water 🌊

When I woke up, everything was dark. I stretched as I slowly sat up to see the light from outside peeking inside the beach house. I got out of bed and walked over to the rail to look downstairs. That's when I saw the sofa had been turned into a bed.

 That's when I saw the sofa had been turned into a bed

I see why A.B. wanted me to sleep upstairs. The best bed is down there. 

I walked down the stairs and turned on the main light. I rubbed my arms as I looked around for A.B.'s presence. The bathroom door was open, but the light was off. I walked over to the front door and twisted the knob. The door was locked. Just checking. I went to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. I grabbed a bottle of water instead of a bottle of juice. Still gotta watch those calories. 

Finally, I walked over to the sliding door and pulled on the handle. It slid open. I poked my head out the door and that's when I saw someone standing on the beach, looking out at the dark ocean.

I took a sip of my water before putting it down and going outside. I closed the door and walked barefoot on the ground that soon turned into sand. I should've worn my sandals, but the sand did feel cool and soft under my feet. I hugged myself as I walked up behind A.B.

"Did you sleep well?"

I nearly stumbled. "How did you know it was me?" I asked him.

A.B. turned around. "I heard you coming."

"Well, I slept mighty good if I say so myself. I feel energized, too." I asked him, "Why are you out here?"

A.B. answered, "Just enjoying the view and how peaceful it is."

He was right

He was right. The beach felt and looked peaceful at night. I walked passed him to get closer to the water. What a beautiful thing God made!

"Did we say everything that needed to be said?" He asked me.

I turned to face him. "Like what?"

"Our wants and needs for this relationship," he stated.

I thought to myself before responding, "I just want to be cared for, supported, and treated right. And I need your presence, communication, and unwavering faith in God. As long as you can do that, I'll be okay."